Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Earthquakes...Nothing is permanent...

Started by Anatta, August 24, 2011, 01:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora

::) Gennee, the one I experienced in Christchurch[Oh the irony of it all "Christ" "Church"] my work colleague was out walking in the nearby Hadley park[just across from the hotel ] and didn't feel nor see  a thing, whilst those of us in the conference hall, saw, felt and heard it-the whole building shook and there was what sounded like a train passing close by ...

::) To my cousins in Aus, you don't have many earthquakes because Mother Nature's too busy with floodings and bushfires...Mind you, you did have a reasonable size one in Queensland not very long ago...

::) To procrastinate could be sealing one's fate! So just go with your flow- and let things go !

Enjoy life "now" !

Metta Zenda :)

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Joelene9

I didn't feel the one from a town near Trinidad ~ 12 hours earlier.  I was on Susan's and didn't notice anything. 
  Joelene
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) To understand "impermanence" is to understand the true nature of life...And in doing so one begins to appreciate/enjoy more of what life has to offer...

::) "Look before you leap by all means-but if you hesitate, all could be lost !"

::) A paradox of life... ;) ;D

Metta Zenda :)       
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

SandraJane

Quote from: justmeinoz on August 25, 2011, 04:51:38 AM
Seriously though, why would anyone give any credence to a Mayan prophesy about 2012, when they couldn't forsee that the Spanish were about to subjugate all of Central America?
Karen.

Right On Karen!So much for Prophesy of the Mayans :laugh: Now the East Coast is getting ready for a Category 3 Hurricane...Inmates in New Jersey are filling up sandbags!
  •  

Venus-Castina

The thing with earthquakes and other geological processes is that they often occur on such a wide timescale that if people never experienced an earthquake in a certain area they will say none will even happen. Looking at The Netherlands for example there are seldom any earthquakes and most are related to gas mining. When looking at sediments however it is visible some very heavy quakes up to the scale of 7 or even 8 happened in the past 3000 years. Lisbon for example was destroyed in 1755 by an earthquake as powerful as that of Japan, now it is relatively quiet. Germany and France have a lot of volcanoes that went dormant only very recently.
  •