Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Tattoos...

Started by Hadrian, August 03, 2011, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadrian

So I'm planning on getting two different tattoos and I was curious if they're bad karma or something good to have.

One tattoo I've been contemplating is the "Transformation Spiral" on the back of my neck.

The other tattoo is the anti-possession symbol on my right shoulder.

"You are who and what you are,
You like who and what you like,
You love who and what you love."
- Hadrian
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

That one on the back of your neck make sure you can hide it when at work or something.
  •  

Hadrian

Of course I'll hide it when at work, but that doesn't answer my question about bad karma. They're both good to have correct?
- Hadrian
  •  

V M

I'm not sure if tattoos and Karma really have much to do with each other, other than various law enforcement agencies will use them for I.D. purposes... So if you're in the habit of robbing liquor stores or other criminal activity, a tat. may bring you some bad Karma

I would like to get some tat.s of a dragonfly, butterfly and a flower to cover scars from having surgery on my shoulder  :)  But it's too expensive for me right now  :-\
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Janet_Girl

This is the tat I want for my left shoulder.

And maybe something like this on the right.

•  

Lisbeth

I have thought for a few years about getting a tattoo like this:

"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Hadrian

Quote from: V M on August 03, 2011, 09:30:35 PM
I'm not sure if tattoos and Karma really have much to do with each other, other than various law enforcement agencies will use them for I.D. purposes... So if you're in the habit of robbing liquor stores or other criminal activity, a tat. may bring you some bad Karma

I would like to get some tat.s of a dragonfly, butterfly and a flower to cover scars from having surgery on my shoulder  :)  But it's too expensive for me right now  :-\

What I mean is I'm wanting to get two symbols that are usually worn as jewelry as protection and such, and I was curious if getting them tattooed onto my body ruins that or if they're just as powerful, no?
- Hadrian
  •  

Dana_H

As far as I've ever known, it doesn't matter so much how the symbol is worn. What is more important is the symbol itself and the intent and energy patterns associated with it.  If tattoos were my thing, I would have no worries about getting those particular symbols as tattoos.  :)
Call me Dana. Call me Cait. Call me Kat. Just don't call me late for dinner.
  •  

Hadrian

- Hadrian
  •  

Maddie Secutura

I'm confused. How does injecting pigment into your skin help or hinder you? I guess if you had an allergic reaction that would pretty much suck. I think I just answered my own question.

•  

Annah

Quote from: Hadrian on August 03, 2011, 07:55:55 PM
Of course I'll hide it when at work, but that doesn't answer my question about bad karma. They're both good to have correct?

In Wicca, tattoos do not portray any type of bad karma or threefold reactionary karma unless it is a tattoo specifically made to hurt someone else who sees it (like a KKK tattoo or some type of tattoo that was purposefully made to hurt someone else who views it.

•  

Luc

If the intent behind them is pure, then there's nothing wrong with them. Everything in wicca is about intent and direction of energy, so if you're good on those, I see no problem. Cool symbols, btw.
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

Hadrian

Thanks Luc and Annah.
- Hadrian
  •  

vik2ray

im getting a tat of the seal of solomon or maybe a few goetia seals on my arm. a rose and runes covering my body in aspiderweb like pattern. and the tat called no more charlotte on my neck. but a pentagram or dragon might be nice to. :)
things dont change, they merely rearange into that which they already are.
  •