Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Superman Returns and Pirates of the Carribean

Started by Kendall, July 17, 2006, 03:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendall

I saw both these films this past week.

Although both seem good, PotC seemed a bit immature to me. Maybe Disney movies no longer hold my attention. I loved the effects of the boats and undead. But the story was just too weak for me (filtered).

Superman I entirely enjoyed. I left it feeling satisfied and excited, except one very minor detail, which I have even forgotten what that was, lol.

•  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: wickham_kendra on July 17, 2006, 03:40:56 PM
I saw both these films this past week.

Although both seem good, PotC seemed a bit immature to me. Maybe Disney movies no longer hold my attention. I loved the effects of the boats and undead. But the story was just too weak for me (filtered).

Superman I entirely enjoyed. I left it feeling satisfied and excited, except one very minor detail, which I have even forgotten what that was, lol.

I plan on seeing PotC just because Johnny Depp is in it *ssssssssssssigh*.  I thoroughly enjoyed the first PotC.

Steph
  •  

Chynna

co-inkeydink!

I saw both this weekend too...I was a bit disappointed in Superman... I wanted more action!! but the actor who played Lex Luthor loved his role!!
I fell asleep on POTC2 but I love Johnny depp's character Capt. Jack Sparrow.

Elizabeth,....Someone go hide the rum!

Chynna
  •  

Luc

Haven't seen Superman, but I saw Pirates of the Caribbean on my birthday... it is now on my list of favorite movies, and on the very short list of movies where the sequel was better than the original. I loved it, obviously, and I thought Keira Knightley was incredible (but what guy wouldn't?). Her character was far more developed in this one than the first, and I liked that... it of course meant that she was on-screen more of the time, but it also made for more comedy, in my opinion. My favorite part was when the three guys are fighting and Elizabeth is trying, futilely, to get their attention. LOVED it. But everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion.

Rafe

oh, and I must see Superman Returns... Kate Bosworth... mmm...
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

Melissa

I 've seen Superman, but not pirates yet.

Quote from: Rafe on July 17, 2006, 05:00:17 PM
oh, and I must see Superman Returns... Kate Bosworth... mmm...

Yes, she is nice to look at. :)

Melissa
  •  

stephanie_craxford

hey I kinda think that Mr Depp is kinda gorgeous myself :)

Steph
  •  

Luc

Well, being fairly straight myself, I'm not exactly attracted to Johnny Depp. However, given the choice of looking like any of the guys in the movie, I'd probably choose him. Orlando Bloom is a little too "pretty" for my tastes.

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •