Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Cryptorchidism and intersex

Started by Metroland, September 01, 2011, 05:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metroland

I was wondering if one has undescended testicles and has an operation at the age of 2.5 to lower them, is considered intersexed? The testicles were around the abdomen area.

Can someone has external male genitalia and still be intersexed?

Thanks
  •  

Gabby

"....[Those] defined having a micropenis with a stretched penile length of less than 9.3 cm were constituted the study group. Mean stretched penile length was 6.81.6 cm (range 3.6–7.8 cm). Karyotype analysis showed 46XY in all cases."
http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v17/n3/abs/3901292a.html

A micropenis is medically considered 'ambiguous genitalia'.  This alone would be highly functioning intersexed person in my opinion.  Checking fertility levels could show hypogonadalism, lessened masculinization of skeleton or infertility etc.
Having had undescended testicles?   I'd have a fertility check, I'd say yes even if the fertility test is positive.

Personally I could see how much I had in common with women even as a man, I was female though, something I'd been denying all my life.  But so much of gender is choice though.
  •  

Metroland

•