Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Packer placement/how to?

Started by Russ, September 07, 2011, 11:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I just got the GV sailor packer 4". I wore it today but it was rather uncomfortable and kept falling down. By the end of the day, I started to notice it less and less, which was good. I knew it was there, so it made me feel really nice and manly. I was wondering the "correct" placement of a packer. I've heard you move the actual penis to the left if you are right handed and vise-versa, and leave the testes in the center. Are there any other tips? Also the packer is a bit sticky and is, well to be blunt sticking to my pubes. And it hurts! Would is work better if I shaved my pubes? I'm a totally newbie with packers, so any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I'm wearing boxer briefs
  •  

Alex37

The side you choose doesn't matter; just choose the one that's most comfortable.  Cover it in something like gold bond powder before you wear it.  That should keep it from sticking. 
If you're going through hell, keep going.   Winston Churchill
  •  

JohnAlex

•  

Ender

I could never pack with boxer briefs.  They just weren't snug enough to hold the packer in 'correct anatomical position' and it kept shifting around.  I preferred snug briefs and didn't have problems with it falling out or shifting.  YMMV.

I placed it so the base of the shaft was just over my own penis (maybe a little higher), then put the shaft pointed slightly up and just above the leg band (left or right is personal preference).  You can put the shaft over the testicles, but I always found the bulge from that to be too big.  You can also put the shaft straight up, but I found that bulge to be too small.  I was packing with a 3.5" Mango STP (they use a cyberskin Mr. Limpy for those).

Also, use a cornstarch powder daily on the packer to prevent it from sticking to your skin/pubes.  A lot of baby powder is made of cornstarch (check the label; some of it is talc), so it's easy to find and cheap.  I would stay away from Gold Bond powder; it makes things burn 'down there.'
"Be it life or death, we crave only reality"  -Thoreau
  •  

Russ

Quote from: Ender on September 08, 2011, 12:05:31 PM
I could never pack with boxer briefs.  They just weren't snug enough to hold the packer in 'correct anatomical position' and it kept shifting around.  I preferred snug briefs and didn't have problems with it falling out or shifting.  YMMV.

I placed it so the base of the shaft was just over my own penis (maybe a little higher), then put the shaft pointed slightly up and just above the leg band (left or right is personal preference).  You can put the shaft over the testicles, but I always found the bulge from that to be too big.  You can also put the shaft straight up, but I found that bulge to be too small.  I was packing with a 3.5" Mango STP (they use a cyberskin Mr. Limpy for those).

Also, use a cornstarch powder daily on the packer to prevent it from sticking to your skin/pubes.  A lot of baby powder is made of cornstarch (check the label; some of it is talc), so it's easy to find and cheap.  I would stay away from Gold Bond powder; it makes things burn 'down there.'

Thank you all for the responses.

Thanks for the description of how you pack, I think it's really going to help. Also, I think I will need to switch to tighter fitting briefs. So do you use baby powder? Or is there a better alternative?
  •  

Ender

Quote from: Russell on September 08, 2011, 08:18:14 PM
Thanks for the description of how you pack, I think it's really going to help. Also, I think I will need to switch to tighter fitting briefs. So do you use baby powder? Or is there a better alternative?

Glad to help :).  I just had bottom surgery, so I don't pack anymore, but I packed for the last 2-3 years and spent plenty of time figuring out what worked for me and what didn't.  Yeah, I used cornstarch baby powder; the smell was slight and didn't bother me, but there might be unscented options.  The regular stuff was the easiest to find, though.

After about a year or so of just having the powdered packer in contact with my skin, I started having a skin reaction to the packer.  I kept the packer very clean (antibacterial soap + water at least once a day), but I think just the heat and skin contact was irritating.  In the summer, sweat would wash the powder off and make the packer sticky again.

My solution was to put the packer between the fly material in my briefs (Hanes with ComfortSoft waistband--plain but they have a big enough fly) so there would be a cloth barrier.  I used a safety pin to close the fly of my briefs so the packer would not fall out.  The shaft was pointed towards this pin and the outside opening of the fly (sometimes poked out but never fell out), the STP spoon pointed the opposite direction towards the inside opening of the fly, and the balls were straight down.  In this way, I could easily take the packer out of its pouch, position the spoon, and flip the shaft over my waistband to STP.  I don't know if you have an STP, but this method would work for a regular packer, too.
"Be it life or death, we crave only reality"  -Thoreau
  •  

anibioman

dust it with corn or potato starch also i recommend making a harness you can make one from some clear elastic. you can make one by tying the elastic around your waist so its not too tight then tie a loop that has the two knots on the hips and the loop drops below your butt. to use put youre packer in the waist strap so the elastic is between the shaft and balls then you pull the butt loop through your legs over and behind the packer. the waist strap keeps it up the through the legs strap keeps it from riding up. i hope that makes sense i think theres a video its called 'easiest packer harness' on youtube.

bojangles

I could never get Mr. Limpy to let go of my pubes no matter how much cornstarch I rolled him in.
Prefer a pouch, either sewn into underwear or attached to elastic band.
  •  

Russ

Quote from: Ender on September 08, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
Glad to help :).  I just had bottom surgery, so I don't pack anymore, but I packed for the last 2-3 years and spent plenty of time figuring out what worked for me and what didn't.  Yeah, I used cornstarch baby powder; the smell was slight and didn't bother me, but there might be unscented options.  The regular stuff was the easiest to find, though.

After about a year or so of just having the powdered packer in contact with my skin, I started having a skin reaction to the packer.  I kept the packer very clean (antibacterial soap + water at least once a day), but I think just the heat and skin contact was irritating.  In the summer, sweat would wash the powder off and make the packer sticky again.

My solution was to put the packer between the fly material in my briefs (Hanes with ComfortSoft waistband--plain but they have a big enough fly) so there would be a cloth barrier.  I used a safety pin to close the fly of my briefs so the packer would not fall out.  The shaft was pointed towards this pin and the outside opening of the fly (sometimes poked out but never fell out), the STP spoon pointed the opposite direction towards the inside opening of the fly, and the balls were straight down.  In this way, I could easily take the packer out of its pouch, position the spoon, and flip the shaft over my waistband to STP.  I don't know if you have an STP, but this method would work for a regular packer, too.

Thanks again for all responses!

I feel like an idiot that I hadn't realized that I could use the fly area! I use American Eagle boxer briefs, and they have an awesome pouch. That sounds great, both for look and the problem with the stickiness. I think depending on how dysphoric I am (if I feel the need to feel it against my skin,) I will also use the baby powder. Although, I have very sensitive skin, so if you are having a skin reaction, I might have a pretty bad reaction. I am also going to look into getting a harness, since I truly like wearing boxers best. :D I'm just so happy that I realize that I can use the pouch! Thanks again!
  •  

rorythedinosaur

I read all the topics about this but I still can find a way to pack with mr limpy:(!8 bought get your Joey pocket but I'm not able to get the position right. It looks like I am always SUPER HAPPY. And I bought a XS ! :( I also tried to put that into the fly of my boxers. No way. It's always too big. I tried to put the shaft aside the balls. Nothing. I'm desperate because pants feel "empty" without it but it looks too much bulge. Any idea?
  •  

Alexthecat

Quote from: rorythedinosaur on September 24, 2018, 06:00:36 AM
I read all the topics about this but I still can find a way to pack with mr limpy:(!8 bought get your Joey pocket but I'm not able to get the position right. It looks like I am always SUPER HAPPY. And I bought a XS ! :( I also tried to put that into the fly of my boxers. No way. It's always too big. I tried to put the shaft aside the balls. Nothing. I'm desperate because pants feel "empty" without it but it looks too much bulge. Any idea?
I started with Mr Limpy but found the Masho worked better to look less happy.

•  

Ryuichi13

I sewed my boxer briefs front fly shut, and then sewed the inside of the fly 2/3rd shut, leaving just enough room to put my packer inside.  I then shift it down until it sits against my pubic bone, right about where a cis-penis sits.  I tend to have it "hang" to the left of the seam in my jeans, since that feels correct for me. 

If you're putting your packer so that it sits out front instead of to the left or right, it may look somewhat weird, since most men tend to naturally end up on one side or the other. 

Maybe that's your problem.  Try shifting it so that it sits to one side or the other.  It doesn't matter which side, since it'll probably move around as you walk, which is somewhat normal anyways.  Men tend to adjust themselves throughout the day also, so doing so is somewhat normal as well, although I'd try to do so in the mens room/bathroom. 

Ryuichi

•  

SeptagonScars

I've used packers a lot in the past, although I typically don't use them anymore now as a detrans woman, but on occasion I still use my stp (ezp from transthetics). Cause like it was expensive and it is a very practical tool... so I guess why not use it. It doesn't make me dysphoric but it feels a little weird to use it now with my gender. But anyway. So I can give some advice.

I think that "left side for right-handed guys and vice versa" comes from that it's said most right-handed cis guys lean left and vice versa. But it's not always like that. A guy I had some casual sex with a couple of years ago is left-handed and his dick leans left. So it doesn't actually matter which way you lean your packer. You can place it on either side. Also no one is gonna care or pay attention to which side you have it on, except from yourself.

However how I packed was I used tight boxer briefs and sometimes plain briefs (size S although my regular size was M) and it kept it in place. But also I have good thigh shape for keeping things in place there in general. I always prefered to place it low in my underwear. Doing so gave more of a "hanging" look to the bulge and it never looked like a boner. I mean "low" as in the dick part of it was about half an inch above my clit. I placed the dick part just straight down the centre over the balls, downwards.

Although it damn well wanted to stray left all the time! (Which is funny to me now cause I actually am right-handed, and also my T-enlarged clit leans left. Sorry for the tmi.) I only used small packers (3 to 4 inches) so I could keep the dick part just straight down the centre with no issue. I'm guessing that's not entirely comfortable or possible with larger packers. As for the stickiness, sometimes it didn't bother me but when it did I actually wore two pairs of underwear with the packer between them. That meant more laundry but it was a simple and comfortable solution. And sometimes I actually put a pantiliner between me and the packer! (I was perhaps a little weird as a trans guy.)

As for the stickiness, there are two more options other than shaving:
1.) Put corn starch on the packer, which others have already brought up here.
2). You could also just trim your pubes if you don't wanna shave them completely. Short hairs won't hurt as much if they get a little stuck in stickiness, I've noticed. These days it's the glue on pantiliners that get stuck in my pubes though, which tugs a lot harder and more painfully than sticky packers, but with trimmed pubes even that damn glue is barely an issue for me. (I hate it when they do that, aren't they supposed to stick to my panties, not me?! Gah!) I just go over my pubes with my electric beard trimmer, with or without the guard on. It's quick and easy.
3.) Another thing that could probably work is if you put some kind of gentle oil on your pubes. Like just rub some olive oil into them or something. Cause nothing sticks to oil! I'm gonna try that with my annoying pantiliners, actually! I may report back on if it works.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •