Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Went dress shopping yesterday

Started by PrettyFlowingGown, January 24, 2007, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrettyFlowingGown

Went dress shopping yesterday, first time in a while. I find the best dress shops are in little arcades. I go into Brisbane when I shop. I walked into one where it only stored formal and evening gowns. I could of died in there. I was in there half hour with no one else present, just the desk girl. She was very aproachable. I told her my favorite ones and how beautiful they were. I did'nt buy anything in there but there was one very long flowing green Gown which I loved, it was $325. The lady tried it up against me. I just wanted to get in it and swish and twirl.

Anyway, I ended up buying a new skirt that was $125. Its floor length, and chiffon with a satin petticoat, very flowing, like a ball skirt. Its yellow with pink roses. I tried it on, the lady was ever so nice and she was pretty too.

I bought some new panties too and a black slip....that was my day...

My greatest thrill thats never been done yet, is go to a bridal only shop, and brush against all the bridal gowns and dresses. Thats my next step.

Oh, the feeling of being a lady
  •  

TheBattler

Thats a favorate past-time of mine - dress shopping. I have not been ina while but I can sooo relate to what you have just said.

Alice
  •  

Louise

I love shopping also, but it can be a very expensive hobby.  >:D

This week I went to look at what they had at JC Penney since they advertised a clearance sale.  I found a nice red knee-length skirt and a red, black and white striped long sleeve blouse.  The best part is that they were each marked down to $8.  That is almost as good as Thrift store prices.  :)
  •  

Robyn

Thanks for the reminder.  I need to take my wedding gown (burgundy) and a red formal to a consignment store.  I am too busty to fit the wedding gown anymore, and that red gown is too bouffant to pack for cruises - the only place I ever wear formals.

Louise has a good tip.  Do try thrift shops for goooood prices.

Robyn

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

Susan-49

There is no better way to feel like a lady than wearing a wedding gown.
I love pretty dresses but the feel of having a strapless bra, a crinoline slip on and having a wedding dress put over you and zipped up is fabulous! I also love the ball gown style. I have tried on many wedding dresses. One time the consultant put gloves, a necklace and a veil on me. I have put a necklace on my wife for ages but when I had to bend over to have one put on me - heaven. She let me wear the gown for quite a while, letting me walk around the salon by myself. No hurry to take it off.

Another time the consultant said in order to make a good decision I needed to pick out 3 gowns. I tried on the one I liked best first followed by the other two, then she put me back in the original gown. That was an enjoyable evening.

Hope you make it to the bridal shop. You will enjoy.

Remember: Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by what you do that takes your breath away.

Hugs

Susan
  •