Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Wanna Know Who Is Running For U.S. President?

Started by Julie Marie, June 29, 2011, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

From looking at the Australian election, the UK election and the power games in the USA, my addled thoughts that some politicians really want to help their country and their people are getting more and more silly.

I'm now moving to politicians want power, they do not want responsibility, just power.

Cindy
  •  

Julie Marie

Power is money.  Follow the money and you'll find a wealth of answers.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Cindy

There use to be an altruistic motive.

How did 'we' lose it.
  •  

Amazon D

Quote from: Cindy James on August 16, 2011, 03:42:16 AM
There use to be an altruistic motive.

How did 'we' lose it.

It use to APPEAR  that they cared. Oh some from small places did care but they soon got into the greed after being in washington DC or whatever countries capital for a few yrs. Times are getting stressful for all people and many are preparing for the future when resources are scarce. Others are stealing from everyone they can while the stealing is good. The internet surely did change a lot of peoples attitudes. Maybe the anonymous hackers will be able to force positive changes as they are trying to do in Fullerton, Calif. SEE VIDEO HERE = http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/15/kelly-thomas-anonymous_n_927305.html
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Julie Marie

Our dear Warren Buffet has some words for our politicians that, if they listened and did what he says, could make a huge difference in our economy.

Op-Ed Contributor
Stop Coddling the Super-Rich
By WARREN E. BUFFETT
Published: August 14, 2011

OUR leaders have asked for "shared sacrifice." But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.

While the poor and middle class fight for us in Afghanistan, and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as "carried interest," thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they'd been long-term investors.

These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It's nice to have friends in high places.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/stop-coddling-the-super-rich.html?_r=4
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •