Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Astronaut Farmer

Started by Chaunte, February 23, 2007, 05:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

I saw the movie today with my son.  I thought it was a great movie!  It really brought out how the world will stand against you when you dream big - when you dream beyond what other people dream.

I think most of us can relate to that idea!

Chaunte

If we don't have our dreams, then we have nothing.
  •  

Ricki

cool i am waiting for the cd rom to come out!
I rented Guardian i like Kevin Kostner and the movies he's done!
I loved Dancing with the wolves
Water world was seriously out there but... 99% of his i enjoy!
Ricki
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Ricki on February 23, 2007, 07:24:42 PM
cool i am waiting for the cd rom to come out!
I rented Guardian i like Kevin Kostner and the movies he's done!
I loved Dancing with the wolves
Water world was seriously out there but... 99% of his i enjoy!
Ricki

Hey, Ricki!  It's not Kevin Kostner.  It's Billy Bob Thorntan.  Shhhhhh!

http://theastronautfarmermovie.warnerbros.com/
  •  

Cindi Jones

I think that I'm the only one in the world that enjoyed Fishtar

(You know... Waterworld was a bomb and so was Ishtar... .hence "Fishtar")

It was a fun scifi flick.  Not an A grade film but was fun.

I usually have to wait till long after DVD's are out before I can see a film.  It takes a few months before they show up on the good ole sattelite.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Ricki

Chaunte you little devil..
i'm a blonde but geeesshhhh.........
I knew that about billy bob, I meant Kevin Kostner in the guardian movie and his other movies...
Either way blonde hugs being sent your way
p.s. cannot you tell from my recent pic here that i am a blonde! geessshhhh hehe.... :P
ricki
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Ricki on February 24, 2007, 07:08:08 PM
Chaunte you little devil..
i'm a blonde but geeesshhhh.........
I knew that about billy bob, I meant Kevin Kostner in the guardian movie and his other movies...
Either way blonde hugs being sent your way
p.s. cannot you tell from my recent pic here that i am a blonde! geessshhhh hehe.... :P
ricki

And I'm a blonde nowadays myself!  Blonde hugs back!

Chaunte
  •  

Ricki

Chaunte,
now listen i cracked a bottle of Ketel One open (well, will be opening after done on internet) for Cindi (in honor of her wisdom) i guess there's enough in the 750ml to share with you too!
hugs and cheers
Ricki
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Cindi Jones on February 23, 2007, 11:24:10 PM
I think that I'm the only one in the world that enjoyed Fishtar

(You know... Waterworld was a bomb and so was Ishtar... .hence "Fishtar")

It was a fun scifi flick.  Not an A grade film but was fun.

I usually have to wait till long after DVD's are out before I can see a film.  It takes a few months before they show up on the good ole sattelite.

Cindi

You might want to go to the theater and see this on the big screen.  The Mercury/Atlas-style vehicle will be a lot more impressive.

Chaunte
  •  

Ricki

Did i tell you i am a cheap skate?
How do you think i can afford that $4000.00 worth of climbing gear in the pic..
I limit movies to only rentals, almost never dine out, and do not go over board for xmas gifts and never buy cards..(Ahh the things we women have to do to support our hobbies-ricki giggles) :P
r
  •  

Susan

I went and saw this movie tonight. 

One of the lines which struck me the most was one of the Jay Leno scenes.

Leno says something about the family, while they watch on TV. Mrs Farmer tells Mr Farmer We have to tell them that's not true. Mr Farmer replies, We don't have to tell them we are normal, we just show them. Then the whole family heads off to the fair.

As transgender individuals we should take that to heart. don't tell people we are normal, show them! Show them that the parodies of transgender people they see on the talk shows is showbiz and nothing like reality..

I may not have the wording exactly right but the sentiments are right on.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Cindi Jones

Yes, Susan, words are overwhelmed by action.  I believe that the public is finally coming to the realization .... from what they see.... that not everything they read is true.

I would love to see the movie Chaunte. But like Ricki, I save my pennies for other things more dear to my heart.  I'd have to make a whole day of the excursion since theaters are so far away.  That's about 25 bucks just for gasoline.  That 25 dollars is going for cables for a wonderful project I'm working on.

Cindi

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

amberctm

Ricki,
I saw the Gaurdian last night! What a great film. Kevin Cosner was soooo good! It was a great roll for Ashton Kutcher to. It really showed how he could be a serious actor.
  •  

Ricki

thanks Amb..
Ya i admit i think he's handsome just like Sean Connery is...
handsome in his demneaor it carries them,  you know what i mean?
Susan i will wait for rental but based on what i hear and your add, i am looking foward to watching the astronaut flick!
Thanks
Ricki
  •  

Sheila

Susan,
   I try to live up to that standard. Let people see me, they all know about me. I live a pretty dull life, go to work come home watch a little TV and go to bed. I do have some meetings with City official every now and again, but life is not glitzy. I guess, I'm pretty normal if you look at my neighbors. They do the samethings I do. Yard work, putting the trash out to the curb and getting the right things into the recycle bin. Going to the grocery store, going to the state fair and showing the people I'm very much a normal person. I do have this eye that is in the back of my head though. I hide it with my hair. LOL
Sheila
  •