Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yeah season 3 BSG Battlestar Galactica is on tonight!

Started by Kendall, October 06, 2006, 06:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendall

I have been waiting a long time for season 3. Instead of starting in july like they did the last 2 years, they moved it to October, so I am glad its finally back. I guess they figured it could compete with the network shows that are coming out right now.

They left it off last season in a spot that left me wanting more. Landing on a seemingly hidden planet from the cylons, then a year later....they arrive.

Anyway, tonight its on, in an hour and half for me.

•  

Kate

Oh, don't I know it!!! Hard to pay attention to Doc Who, lol... getting anxious with 25 mins to go!

Ever notice the one ad campaign for the premiere? Something like:

Will you follow your mind?
Or your heart?
It's time to decide...
Who you're going to be.

Not that I see signs and omens regarding transitioning everywhere or anything, lol.. no really...

I also found it amusing that Gaius is tortured endlessly by a "woman inside" his mind, lol...
  •  

Kendall

15 min here, just put a blank tape in the vcr. Gotta make some snacks. Yep there sure is a lot in the show, and Gaius does fight the woman inside his mind, sexy Six.
  •  

Cindi Jones

Well, I watched it.  2 hours of plot borrowed from ole Adolf and a shallow color wash of Washington politics.  It was totally predictable and incredibly weak.  I'm hoping that it gets better.  I'll stick with it cause I love Mary McDonnel and Capt'n Elmos.  Oh.. the Kara (Starbuck) character is a big winner too.  She's a fiesty animal!

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Cindi Jones on October 09, 2006, 07:15:55 PM
Oh.. the Kara (Starbuck) character is a big winner too.  She's a fiesty animal!

I... can't... stop crying :( :( :(

I just saw the latest episode last night. God. NO.

That whole episode hit waaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to home :(

Kate
  •  

Cindi Jones

I was fairly stunned as well. But I've drifted away from the series to some degree. Although it is fine science fiction, it has become all to close to reality. It has lost its fun factor.. you know the thing that lets us escape from real life for a while. It is high quality drama to be sure. I want a Star Trek replacement!

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 06, 2007, 01:10:57 PM
I was fairly stunned as well. But I've drifted away from the series to some degree. Although it is fine science fiction, it has become all to close to reality.

Oh I Do agree! I was much more into it back when it was all about destiny, rebirths, and all that cool spiritual metaphor stuff. It drifted away from all that too much I thought, which is why the last episode really shocked me...

That, and the episode perfectly reflected what's been going on in my head lately to a frightening degree. It was my journal translated into a BSG script. I've always kinda identified with Kara and her struggles... all that stuff the cylon tells her about destiny and "Letting Go" and all.

I kept waiting for her fate to change, for Something Else to step in and intervene... to stop her from doing what she did.

But it never did. Instead, that WAS what she was supposed to do. I just can't reconcile that with her "becoming who she was meant to be" as the cylon told her, now that she'd "lost her fear."

That CAN'T be the way.

Kate
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 06, 2007, 01:10:57 PM
I want a Star Trek replacement!

You and me both.  At least Sci-Fi has picked up and is showing reruns of Enterprise which I didn't get to watch when it was on due to work.

Bev
  •  

Dara Marie

Kara is Battlestar Galactica!  or "was" ???  No matter what our "destiny" is, we have a role in determining and fulfilling it.  Did her mother - a mother you would love to hate - push her to the "destiny."
  •