Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

For me therapy has helped right away

Started by seldom, March 01, 2007, 12:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seldom

I pretty much went into therapy with conflicting feelings.  But I also went in with an open mind and wanting to deal with these issues.  I was getting sick of my personal breakdowns, and the gender identity issues were starting to affect my work and personal life.

So I basically did some research and talked to people, and I ended up at the most experienced gender identity therapist in the DC area. 

The thing is after some sessions I realized I should be a woman, but I am cursed with a male body. 

I used to identify as androgyne, but the reality was it was placeholder while I figured things out or a way to get by when I was in college and high school.  The truth is...things have gotten much worse in my twenties.

So I want to transition, at my own pace, but ultimately fully transition.  Therapy has helped me just realize these issues fully. It is the first time I had some level of clarity with these issues.  While I am still not comfortable with the body...I can see a glimmer of hope for the first time with regards to these issues. 

Amy 
  •  

Hazumu

The first step is the hardest, isn't it?  :)     :D     ;D

Karen
  •