Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

We are a tribe of warrior princesses!

Started by Carlita, July 05, 2013, 10:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavraki

Quote from: -Emily- on July 06, 2013, 04:56:19 AM
Does anyone remember that movie Sheena, Queen of the Jungle? I used to be a big fan of Tarzan, but that movie, well, it made me feel very dysphoric :).

Don't know the movie--but I think I understand the sentiment--in some ways.  I get that way when I see Captain Janeway on Voyager--and when I see Nana Mouskouri (I know!!  tragic really :) ha ha ) sing in five languages.  She's beautiful

I saw one of her last shows, here in Australia.  She was over 70 years of age, and still sang like a Nightingale.  The audience was a small, stalwart bastion of die hard loyalists.  Hamer Hall was only half full.  But--each song, you coulda heard a pin drop as the audience silently wept.  Occasionally, between songs, a cry of triumph "Ela Nana!" (Go Nana!) from a soul lost in the moment.  And she took turns throughout the night to look at each of us, one by one, to thank us.

:)
Courage is fear that hasn't said its prayers yet
You don't have to forgive others because they deserve it.  Forgive them because you deserve peace

Fear of others is reminding you that you are in danger of becoming what you hate
Fear of self ensures that you don't become what you hate
  •  

Northern Jane

Never thought of myself as any kind of "princess" - too earthy for that - but I learned things pre-transition/SRS (1974) that I would rather not have had to learn. I learned that when I have to, I can move mountains and that nothing is impossible if I am really determined.

I am a very amicable and easygoing person but (post transition) I found I could be pushed to a point where I would take it no longer and, like Boudica or a she-bear, rise up bring an end to the situation. Over the years more than one institution or bureaucratic has discovered it isn't wise to poke the old bear LOL!

Yes, more an old bear than a warrior.
  •