News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyh

Quote from: ZoeM on May 27, 2013, 10:48:44 AM
Thanks, but... Do you mean 'once I start presenting in public'? Or are you implying that (ex. in this picture) I'm not presenting as female? :(

In public :)

I thought you weren't presenting as female in public yet? But yeah, I can definitely tell you're presenting as female in this picture, and you look gorgeous in it. Your face is super cis! And I love your hair, the length works for you.

Just to clarify, if you're already full time, then I would be surprised if you ever got clocked because you pass 100% in my eyes. And if you're not yet full time, once you do go full time, I don't think you'll have any trouble because from the two most recent pics I've seen of you, you look cis and great!
  •  

Charley Bea(EmeraldP)

Excuse me a second *picks jaw up off floor*

Quite a change Zoe, you look great. Yours eyes seem bigger, your nose looks a little different aswell. In fact bout the only element that seems the same would be your ears, your lips also seem different.

Really jealous. XD

•  

Caroline_W

So here i have some more pictures of myself after one year on hrt hope u like them =) 
  •  

kyh

Quote from: Caroline_W on May 27, 2013, 12:38:37 PM
So here i have some more pictures of myself after one year on hrt hope u like them =) 

How tall are you? If you're 5'8 or taller you should be a model because you're absolutely gorgeous! And those pics look like photoshoots so many you already are? ;D
  •  

Darkie

Caroline, you look stunning.  You look like a professional model!
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Caroline_W

hehe those photos are actually modelling photos :D hehe and thanks for telling me all those sweet things. btw i´m 5´10 so i´m quite tall, and surprisingly i´v grown like an inch or something in this year i thought hormones would not let me grow taller, but i love it haha i love being tall, so right now i must be around 5´11 maybe i don´t really know but about a year ago i was 5´10 :P
  •  

A

Oh, modelling. I was wondering why those strange faces. You would look much better on a natural, smiling picture. :D That's not to say you don't look awesome though.

(Also, if you can feed my curiosity by answering the long-standing question of why models have to make that kind of face, bonus points!)
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Caroline_W

well it depends on what the photographer says, sometimes they tell u to make a happy face or an angry face or sexy it depends on the type of editorial or work u are doing for example in these pictures i was suppose to be very serious looking, :)
  •  

A

Oh, okay. I didn't know that was a serious face. (Honestly if someone was making this face while doing serious work I'd be worried.) I'd always thought that was the "model face", that some eccentric fashion designers had deemed a good idea forever and ever. oo'

Oh yeah! This is totally off-topic again, but why are models generally recruited to be tall?
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

ZoeM

Darn models, makin' the rest of us look like ugly ducks...

Kidding. You look absolutely fantastic, Caroline. A hearty congratulations on such an amazing success. Although... Do you have a 'before' for us to compare to? So our jaws can drop further?
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

kyh

Quote from: ZoeM on May 27, 2013, 01:53:33 PM
Darn models, makin' the rest of us look like ugly ducks...

Kidding. You look absolutely fantastic, Caroline. A hearty congratulations on such an amazing success. Although... Do you have a 'before' for us to compare to? So our jaws can drop further?

I bet she was one of those girls who passed right from the start xD
  •  

A

Quote from: kyh on May 27, 2013, 01:50:50 PM
Extremely slim, waif like proportions and long legs are what designers find to be the ideal female body. Also, it's basically the norm now, it wouldn't change without some sort of fashion paradigm shift.
Hmmm, so long legs, then? 'Cause there is plenty of short, thin and cute girls (damn them!). Weird, dunno what they have with long legs. Also it's technically a male feature. xD
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Caroline_W

well because a model is suppose to be different from other women, to stand out that´s mainly why the taller the better, but i know girls that can´t model because they are very tall, for example i know a girl who cannot model anymore because she is 6´5 or 7 something like that so that´s too tall to be a female model, but i also know models who are 5´7 or a bit shorter and have an amazing face structure and they are hired as models. so it really depends on the girl and it´s propose, smaller girls aren´t used for runway but mostly for photo-shoots while taller girls are used in both hope that helped :)
  •  

Caroline_W

BTW in page 82 i have more pictures of myself, when i was starting and some more after one year of hrt go and see them :)
  •  

A

Mhm... To stand out. Yeaaah. I mean, if they're on a picture or on a stage, it shouldn't make much of a difference, but. Go understand those haute couture people. Sometimes they come out with the paramount of ugliness and ridicule and people applaude.

Added: Ooh, I saw the pictures. How old were you when you started? I'm quite jealous. I was treasuring these hips of mine as the one thing I was lucky to get, but they're literally nothing compared to yours.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

kyh

Quote from: A on May 27, 2013, 01:57:13 PM
Hmmm, so long legs, then? 'Cause there is plenty of short, thin and cute girls (damn them!). Weird, dunno what they have with long legs. Also it's technically a male feature. xD

A girl who's over 5'8 is usually preferred, and long legs are preferred over long torsos. :P
  •  

ZoeM

Quote from: Caroline_W on May 27, 2013, 02:02:48 PM
BTW in page 82 i have more pictures of myself, when i was starting and some more after one year of hrt go and see them :)

Good god, Caroline. If ever there were proof that God intended some people to transition, you're it.
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

kyh

Quote from: ZoeM on May 27, 2013, 02:07:18 PM
Good god, Caroline. If ever there were proof that God intended some people to transition, you're it.

I knew it! She was one of those girls who already passed right from the start >_< She's a lucky girl in that respect.
  •  

Caroline_W

awww girls u are all soo sweet thank you very much!!
and well talking about the modelling stuff yes there are plenty of short skinny cute girls i´v seen a lot and there is a kind of modelling for petite girls :), and yes sometimes designers and fashion magazines make some funny and weird stuff and people applaud it but i think it´s because of the perception of beauty some people seem to think those ridiculous are very cool and pretty haha personally i have a very open mind when it comes to that i mean i appreciate those weird things and i also appreciate other kind of stuff that are not what designers or people who work in fashion look for :)
  •  

kyh

Is she wearing a muffin?  ::)

Totally love it though xD
  •