Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen Ireland

YES, Marie, you look great!  LOVE your hair (I'm ever so jealous!)

Okay, I'll give it a go...  My story in pictures:

First, the Before:

This next picture was taken the same day as the first.  This is the first-ever Colleen picture:

This is 10 days later.  My first wig!! (Yuck!, Lol!)

This was at Christmastime last year, just after I got a department store makeover (and spent $300 on makeup!):

Okay, those pictures above I consider "Pre-transition", because up to that point, I was only part-time.  These next pictures are more recent, and reflect my day-to-day looks, now that I'm full-time Colleen:

This is one of my best wigs:

This was the last time I saw my natural hair, just before I got the hair extensions (August 19):

This was after I got hair extensions, and got them styled properly (the styling was sometime in September):

This is a very recent pic showing my boobage progress...

And this was after work today:

Tomorrow I get my hair extensions removed...  :'( (I hope my hair will be longer...)

•  

Cadence Jean

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on October 17, 2011, 11:24:05 PM
You turned out great... Hormones were extremely good to you.

Totally seconding this one.  You look amazing, Jenny!
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

Glenn

Looking good Colleen

Hair Grows as do we.  I going to be at the doctor in St Caths nov 8th in the afternoon.
Maybe we can visit then?
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

my hair grows about a full inch in a month. it grows like grass. my nails grow fast as well. my aunt took me for a manicure last wednesday, and i already have the half moon of my nail grown under the polish.
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

Quote from: Jayr on October 22, 2011, 01:01:36 AM
Can transguys post here?
Or is this strictly for the girls?
Just being curious (:

well i don't care. i guess just ask mahsa, since it's her thread.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Jayr on October 22, 2011, 01:01:36 AM
Can transguys post here?
Or is this strictly for the girls?
Just being curious (:

Create a similar thread in the FTM section... I can't obiviously do that.
  •  

Tammy Hope

Quote from: Tammy Hope on October 07, 2011, 12:12:47 AM
Allow me to provide a counter-example then.

The left was taken in the fall of 2006, at the school where I was teaching. this was about two years before I came out to my spouse, three years before I "went public in November 2009 and I never took any sort of HRT until march of this year.

but what you see here is substantially just like what you would have seen the day before I told my wife except for the clothing.

The right side was taken Saturday night last.

It's really sad and pathetic that I'm bumping my own post.

There's no denying that.
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Jillieann Rose

You're look good Collen.
Hopfully your as happy as you look in the last photo.
Love the boots too.

Tammy the change is amazing.
I would never have guess that they are both you.
  •  

Annah

Quote from: Colleen Ireland on October 21, 2011, 09:02:12 PM

First, the Before:

This next picture was taken the same day as the first.  This is the first-ever Colleen picture:

This was at Christmastime last year, just after I got a department store makeover (and spent $300 on makeup!):

Okay, those pictures above I consider "Pre-transition", because up to that point, I was only part-time.  These next pictures are more recent, and reflect my day-to-day looks, now that I'm full-time Colleen:

This was the last time I saw my natural hair, just before I got the hair extensions (August 19):

This was after I got hair extensions, and got them styled properly (the styling was sometime in September):

Tomorrow I get my hair extensions removed...  :'( (I hope my hair will be longer...)

wow awesome progression!!
  •  

Julie Marie

I have avoided these kinds of things but I really don't care anymore.

The one on the right was taken in the spring or summer of '06.  I began transition late in '07 but started letting my hair grow a little after the picture was taken.  I remember thinking I'd do one last stab at the guy thing before seriously considering transitioning.  I took the picture thinking I'd use it for some online match making thing.  I never did. 

The one on the left was taken around October of 2008, about 4 months after FFS and BA.

One thing I do know, that smile in the picture on the right was about the biggest smile you'd ever see on me in all my guy pics.  Since then, practically all pics of me have smiles like the one on the left.  I wonder why?
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Lynn

•  

Colleen Ireland

Quote from: Colleen Ireland on October 21, 2011, 09:02:12 PM

First, the Before:

Thanks, Marie, Jillieann and Annah!  Okay, one more picture.  Today, I got the extensions removed.  Here's my new look, for better or worse.  Not totally thrilled, in fact getting them removed was rather traumatic, I literally cried.  Yes, real tears.  I tried not to, just couldn't manage it.  I'm still feeling kind of shell-shocked.  Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

•  

Lynn

Colleen you definitely look better without the hair extensions. Not so much because of the length of the hair, but mostly because your natural colors suits you a lot better. So I suggest to keep on letting your natural hair grow, and go for a slightly shorter look than the extensions were. I think it'd look great on you!

Also for what it's worth, with your previous look I might've been able to clock you on a bad day, I don't think I still would now.
  •  

Colleen Ireland

Quote from: Lynn on October 22, 2011, 02:16:10 PM
Colleen you definitely look better without the hair extensions. Not so much because of the length of the hair, but mostly because your natural colors suits you a lot better. So I suggest to keep on letting your natural hair grow, and go for a slightly shorter look than the extensions were. I think it'd look great on you!

Also for what it's worth, with your previous look I might've been able to clock you on a bad day, I don't think I still would now.

"Natural" color - LOL!  Um, thanks, but no, my natural color would be gray.  But thanks especially for your last comment.  It's going to take a LOT of courage for me to walk into church tomorrow, and work on Monday, but I'm determined to make a go of it.  What you can't see in this picture is just how thin my hair is on top.  Hopefully time and Minoxidyl will take care of that.  And hopefully I can get used to this.  I think I can.

•  

Lynn

If that's not your natural color, then I can only assume it was once a color very close to that. It just fits so well with your face and it's hard to imagine another hair color on you.
  •  

Colleen Ireland

Thanks, sweetie, you've made my day brighter.  And I've had a closer look at the top, and I think the minoxidil has been working. I do feel a bit better now, thanks.

•  

Glenn

Quote Colleen Real life friend: {Thanks, Marie, Jillieann and Annah!  Okay, one more picture.  Today, I got the extensions removed.  Here's my new look, for better or worse.  [Not totally thrilled, in fact getting them removed was rather traumatic, I literally cried.  Yes, real tears.  I tried not to, just couldn't manage it.  I'm still feeling kind of shell-shocked.]   Anyway, we'll see how it goes.}

Colleen dear, We both know that tears happen much easier now then ever before.  Crying is a good sign. Shell Shocked? Um... Not so much.  But you know me and I have always been an honest Critic whom has shared my view with out embellishment.  I have to say the NutraCap and hair treatments are working you hair is filling in. Infact your hair is not unlike my mothers was last year. You pass fine as you are but I  think if you keep up the NutraCap and other treatments you will continue to fill in nicely. You look good I am happy for you.
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Colleen,
Although in my opinion your hair needs to grow out some more I do real think it looks way better then the extensions.
You look 100% passable now.
I have hair that is about 4" below the shoulders now and plan on letting it grow till it reaches the center of my back at least.
So I am prejudice that way ;).
Hug,
Jillieann
  •  

caitlin_adams

Your before pic looks like Kevin Bacon!

Quote from: Julie Marie on October 22, 2011, 12:01:20 PM
I have avoided these kinds of things but I really don't care anymore.

The one on the right was taken in the spring or summer of '06.  I began transition late in '07 but started letting my hair grow a little after the picture was taken.  I remember thinking I'd do one last stab at the guy thing before seriously considering transitioning.  I took the picture thinking I'd use it for some online match making thing.  I never did. 

The one on the left was taken around October of 2008, about 4 months after FFS and BA.

One thing I do know, that smile in the picture on the right was about the biggest smile you'd ever see on me in all my guy pics.  Since then, practically all pics of me have smiles like the one on the left.  I wonder why?
  •  

Tammy Hope

Quote from: Colleen Ireland on October 22, 2011, 03:29:46 PM
Thanks, sweetie, you've made my day brighter.  And I've had a closer look at the top, and I think the minoxidil has been working. I do feel a bit better now, thanks.

why did you take the extensions out if it was so traumatic?

Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •