Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What job/occupation do you do?

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 03, 2011, 11:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

I'm the head tech at the Warfield, and the regular 'special guest star tech' at the Fillmore.

I also do contract research for selected clients on selected topics.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

JenJen2011

I work in the call center of a medical practice. I have plans to start my own home-based business though.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Annah

right now I am a Pastor/Teacher/Student.
  •  

foot_lover_jess

Senior Application Developer and Network Administrator
  •  

RachaelAnn22

I work in a factory with rubber,molds and presses.Rachael
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: tekla on October 04, 2011, 05:09:40 AM
I'm the head tech at the Warfield, and the regular 'special guest star tech' at the Fillmore.

I also do contract research for selected clients on selected topics.

SF resident too?
  •  

Lee

I worked as a jeweler in a repair shop through college.  Now that I'm done I'm looking for a pharmacy technician job and then hopefully pharmacy school.
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

JessicaH

I am a "Special Operations Manager". I am the one person in the company of 3,000 people that gets tasked with whatever everyone else can't do. Most of the time I am figuring out my job as I'm doing it or as I'm bidding it. I have a lot of latitude to do things my way and they trust me to get stuff done without too much grilling.

I'm kind of bummed though becasue just as my career is gaining momentum and going international, I am looking at leaving by the end of next year due to transition. I am headed to Africa in about 2 weeks and part of the trip will put me in Uganda alone for 5 days which makes me really nervous. It is very likely that over the next year, I will spend 8-9 months between Mozambique, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. I guess at some point I will come back to HQ and they will say , "Can I help you m'am"? lol

Maybe I will have filled their coffers enough that they just dont care?
This was 30-40 lbs ago and 6 months beforeHRT.
  •  

Amazon D

Caregiver N farmer now

1960's pre adult = 1963 - 64 tipping at grocery stores while loading womens groceries in their cars,  1964 -65 newspaper delivery + recycling newspapers, 1965 washing dishes, 1966 digging graves, putting studs in tires for .50c each and made 5.00 an hour when auto mechanics made 1.60 and i was just a young teen and they were adults and had families.
1967 ran away to calif and hitched all over the usa and mendocino county calif where a hippie lived and we got free canned food from the state
1968 put in haverford state mental hospital for wearing womens clothes and spent 2 4 months stints there as just being gay was a mental illness and being trans was weirder
1969 washing dishes at NJ Y camp in poconos and went to woodstock but got stuck on NY state freeway so i went back and watched moon landing
1969 to 1974 hitch hiked the USA before there were interstates. and lived at many communes around the usa. and stayed at salvation armies in small towns which were usually at peoples private homes in their spare bedrooms but mostly under bridges and in woods.
1974 i made the oxygen nixon would breathe when flying in his air force one in USMC less than a yr in service because nixon was getting impeached so i got out too. general under honorable.
Started a recycling center in redway Calif in 75-76 and did parks and recreation in garberville's tooby park
1976 met first trans lesbian in eureka calif who had undergone electro and told me it was not for me.. but i did have my first intimate relationship with a woman who was a lesbian and she didn't touch my penis.
1977 to 1979 pot grower,  spring developer, hippie ranch developer
Purchased antique furniture from NJ and drove it across country in late 70's - early 80's and sold it to hippies in humboldt county Calif and brought back redwood and had a store on east coast selling redwood stuff i made or brought back. In 3 yrs i made over 30 round trips across country mostly going 45mph with a 26 ft box truck which took me 7 days each way.
1984 tried to transition first but was told i had to like men which i went gagghh ewww
1985 to 1996 (My sober cleans yrs) = Builder of 6 apartments and 4 homes and (I developed a 200 acre farm which i sold to transition) which i owned them all and had 6 mortgages at one time and i then Ran homes (i built) for recovering addicts for 13 yrs i was one too. Oh i had my first son then at 5 yrs clean.
1997 sold properties to recovering peeps and bought 200 acre farm in virginia which i developed and built a 1 mile drive and put in septic and springs and water tanks and built 4 story barn and almost built a B+B and got married and separated in 20 days and had second son.
1998 Transitioned and lived off savings but then gave it all away to open trans safe homes from 2000 - 2003
2004 - 2006 elder care for a hippies mom in humboldt county calif redwoods also developed their land into a farm
2006 to 2008 elder care back east and worked for anti=war effort and Obama campaign and delegate
2008 to now moms caregiver and 2010 a farmer too
Basically i have been self employed my whole life since 15.. except for washing dishes the digging graves was for each grave i dug. I was a fast digger :) 
There was also many many part time jobs doing work for people on their properties as a laborer
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Elijah3291

I work at  a retail store that sells brand name clothes for cheap prices.  The things I do, shoes, cashier, processing, truck days, and other heavy lifting

customers who shop in retail are really annoying, but I like my coworkers, and I am employee of the month this month
  •  

Robert Scott

I am an attorney in practice for myself.   I also work for the Girl Scouts for health insurance that covers my transition
  •  

SandraJane

I'm a Registered Nurse, lately have worked the ER and Long Term Acute Care Hospital's (the comatose and ventilated because they weren't wearing a Helmet when they crashed their Motorcycle!).

Pet Peeve...Motorcycle riders without helmets=perspective comatose  patient for life! Plus I ride too, and wear a helmet!

SJ
  •  

SandraJane

Quote from: Robert Scott on October 04, 2011, 06:18:02 PM
I am an attorney in practice for myself.   I also work for the Girl Scouts for health insurance that covers my transition

Robert, is it true that the Girl Scouts accept Transgendered girls? I found a GS site not too long ago that had an application with a box for Transgendered on it.

SJ
  •  

Robert Scott

Quote from: SandraJane on October 04, 2011, 06:37:03 PM
Robert, is it true that the Girl Scouts accept Transgendered girls? I found a GS site not too long ago that had an application with a box for Transgendered on it.

SJ

Yup ... I have placed two transgender girls in troops this year and I know of three other ones in our council.  They have been very supportive of me transitioning too ... infact today they changed my email address without a second thought -- it's our legal name and they changed it to my preferred name
  •  

Keaira

Now that I have time to breathe, I'll elaborate more on my various occupations
I'm also trained in programming 3 different types of robots we use on our presses, Machining, welding, Bench fitting, fabrication and some electronics. Other jobs I've done include PC repair -self taught- Park maintenance, Breakdown Coordinator for Celadon Trucking, Fork lift operator, Air Force trained Jet Engine Mechanic. I've also worked in Automotive A/C. I've used my graphics skills for Jenn Entertainment to design their logo and a few promo booklets for their clients. I also use Lightwave to do computer modelling and animation. my on and off project has been a detailed model of a Peterbilt 379, right down to the screws on the marker light bezels. I'm self taught on that too. I also love to write stories.

Just some examples..

•  

tekla

I live in SF when I'm in production, about 1/3 of the year, when I'm not I live in Sonoma County.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: tekla on October 05, 2011, 10:11:12 AM
I live in SF when I'm in production, about 1/3 of the year, when I'm not I live in Sonoma County.

I lived in the Castro for a month.

Now back in the east bay.
  •  

Fighter

Currently working as a cashier at a local supermarket. It's actually my second day of training :laugh:!

I really want to become an animator though. Ever since I found the 3ds max program during CAD class I've been hooked to making animations, and I really want to become better at it. Maybe I'll also try to take up character modeling or art or something. To be honest, my drawings are pretty lousy.
  •  

Constance

I'm a support analyst for a software company that makes a PDR-like reference for smartphones and PDAs.