Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Who's your favorite superhero?

Started by Ribbons, October 07, 2011, 04:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padma

Yes, I think she later became a rock star, but back when I read this comic, she was still at the "humble beginnings" stage :).
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Padma

I can't help feeling that Wonderpus probably has a really gross special power involving the squirting of rainbow-coloured pus at her/his enemies.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Arctic Kat

If that is an octopus that shots rainbows, it would be my new favorite superhero.
Waarom mag een jongen nooit prinsesje
Waarom mag een meisje nooit superman zijn
Elke vogel bouwt z'n eigen nestje
Hier bij ons mag iedereen zijn wie ze zijn
  •  

Morgan.

I'm a Marvel fanboy ;D Spiderman, Thor and Iron Man for me.

I do detest Batman being classified as a superhero though - my definition of superhero implies altered genetics/superhuman status. Batman is a detective, and I can accept him as a HERO, but not a superhero. Does anyone else agree or am I just being cocky about it? :D

Half of life is f**king up, the other half is dealing with it. - Henry Rollins

•  

The Passage

Quote from: morgan138 on November 04, 2011, 08:00:43 AM
I do detest Batman being classified as a superhero though - my definition of superhero implies altered genetics/superhuman status. Batman is a detective, and I can accept him as a HERO, but not a superhero. Does anyone else agree or am I just being cocky about it? :D
It has crossed my mind before. However, if you don't exactly have any superpowers and you still manage to take down a superpowered foe with relative ease then I'd say that's pretty super heroic. Besides that, Batman has so many resources and skills that he might just be "super" in that respect. He's incredibly smart, he's super rich, he is one of the most physically powerful "normal" human males - able to lift 800-1000 pounds of dead weight, in a bind - and he is able to do many spiritual techniques, like astral projection, that could be considered other-worldly or (indeed) "super".

Just some things to ponder about Batman. :P
"Magic is just science we don't understand yet." - Arthur C. Clarke
  •  

King Malachite

For male I say Tuxedo Mask but for female it's definately Sailor Uranus but I can't mention her without Sailor Neptune
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Semiopathy

My favorite hero is Captain America, the Sentinel of Liberty. "Avengers assemble!"
  •  

fionabell

•  

Eldon

Mine's Batman because he's the most realistic, and yet one of the strongest without supernatural powers. :)
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Even though she's a villain..Ryoko from Tenchi Universe.
  •  

Bellatrix

It can only be Batman for me.

I think its because Batman could be real, he is after all just a rich dude with alot of time on his hands. Superman etc are all a bit too out here in terms of suspending disbelief for me.

•  

Jean24

I like Superman because he's the posterboy of superheroes and because it bothers Batfans :P. I also like The Flash because his expressions and quips are so funny.
Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •  

Dread_Faery

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on October 21, 2014, 12:57:46 AM

Even though she's a villain..Ryoko from Tenchi Universe.

I always liked her too
  •  

evlive

•  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Dread_Faery on October 23, 2014, 06:06:11 PM
I always liked her too

I got turned on to the show in the summer of 2013. I found out about it from a former forum member here that Sherry Lynn worked on the show. Since I was really into Sherry's work as Portia Porcupine on the Get Along Gang, I decided to check it out. Then once I heard the voice of Sasami (who basically sounds like a slightly older version of Portia), then I was hooked.
  •  

Jean24

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on October 23, 2014, 08:10:11 PM
I got turned on to the show in the summer of 2013.

Gosh I feel old. I was hooked on that when it was running on Toonami in 2000. It was a great show, but I couldn't tell the difference between Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe.
Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Jean24 on October 28, 2014, 02:05:37 AM
Gosh I feel old. I was hooked on that when it was running on Toonami in 2000. It was a great show, but I couldn't tell the difference between Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe.

:D :D I was in high school when you were born.

Maybe Tenchi Universe was the US version of the name of the show. But I don't know. But I noticed at the conclusion of the final episode "No Need For a Conclusion", it says 'Tenchi Muyo'. So, maybe they are one and the same. It's the only Tenchi stuff that I own and will probably stay that way. I am really picky when it comes to voice casts when shows/series end up changing casts. It's the same reason why it took me a while to get past the fact that the Get Along Gang pilot on Nicklelodeon had an entirely different cast than what was on the CBS series. Same thing with the animated version of Fraggle Rock from the late 80's versus the original puppet version that was on HBO before that. I refuse to watch the animated version of Fraggle Rock for that reason.
  •  

Sephirah

I'm not the world's biggest superhero fan, to be honest. I tend to shy away from all the movies and whatnot. But, if I had to say one, it would be Rogue, from the X-men cartoons made quite a long time ago. I had the biggest crush on her. I think it was the accent, lol.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Jill F

Duh-nuh nuh-nuh nuh-nuh nuh-nuh...

Adam West!
  •