Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dollar Store Makeup

Started by Fighter, October 12, 2011, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelestaT

Most makeup is primarily mineral pigment, mineral oil or paraffin, propylene glycol, and water in varying proportion. You're probably not going to see much of a difference between the "el cheepo" stuff and the major brands.
  •  

mixie

I would completely disagree with that. Dollar store foundation is watered down and doesn't sit on the skin the same way that a quality foundation does.  I don't think you need to go all high end and chanel, but MAC has amazing make up and foundation.  Dollar Store lipsticks seem to work about the same but dollar store mascara is a joke, I think you'd get better use out of a sharpie marker.
  •  

V M

For a fairly decent but inexpensive brand to practice with or even use regularly if you're on a budget, I would go with e.l.f.  :) 
You can select off of $1 essentials, $5 mineral and I think they have a studio line as well 

They are almost always running good specials and you can get a good amount of make up at an affordable price  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •