Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Sexual preference

Started by fionabell, October 16, 2011, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you attracted to the opposite sex? Meaning the opposite of your prefered gender.

yes. before I transitioned I was attracted to the same sex.
15 (25.4%)
yes. But before i transitioned I was straight . I've changed with the transition.
8 (13.6%)
no. I was straight before the transition and kept my preference the same.
13 (22%)
no. I was gay before the transition but now ive switched over.
2 (3.4%)
I only like other trans
1 (1.7%)
I'm bi
20 (33.9%)
I like beasts!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Callum

I'm asexual. I thought I was aromantic, but I realized that I think that might just come from a lack of confidence. Now I'm not sure, but leaning towards a combination of aromantic and heteroromantic.
  •  

shortNsweet

I'm bisexual, but I only realized that once I started accepting who I really was. If I ever get to transition, who knows what will happen.
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Always been more attracted to women. :3
Meow.

•  

Danacee

I went both ways (as in allowed) as a Teen, but could not get release until hormone therapy woke the inner beast. All my teens and early 20s my sensual preference was entirely case by case and my sexual preference was a non entity, if I liked someone enough they could talk me into it. 

Been with a guy for four years, lately due to living with parents and insane work weeks have cut into it, but I can't complain. 
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Always was more attracted to women, married one, and am totally dedicated to her.

C -
  •  

Ann W

Before I came out to myself, I thought I was a straight male; and for almost two years after coming out to myself, I thought I was a gay female. Then, less than two months ago, a guy walked into my place of business, and ... Shazam! No one could have been more surprised than I was. Since then, I've experienced it with other guys; so, I think it's probably something that's been there all along, but deeply repressed.

I still find women attractive, but, thus far, the nature of the attraction is different. With women, it's more physical; with men, it's more emotional. It makes me wonder how much of sexual attraction is nurture vs. nature. I'm guessing there's some of both, and that the balance of the two in any given person is highly variable, i.e., with some people, it's mostly nature, while with others nature is less demanding.

So, I suppose I'm bi -- or, more accurately, pansexual. I have a vague suspicion that, if I had been raised as the girl I was, I might only be attracted to men; but that's water under the bridge, at least so far. What's weird -- as if all this weren't enough -- is that, a few months ago, the notion of being married to a man was impossible; now, I can see it. I'm not looking for it, but it's no longer a fantastic notion. It seems as though, as my femininity emerges, my needs as a woman are expressing themselves more fully, in a more well-rounded fashion. It's actually very welcome.

Quote from: supremecatoverlord on November 20, 2011, 09:59:57 PM
Always been more attracted to women. :3

I love your avatar!
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Ann W on April 16, 2019, 07:41:50 AMI thought I was a straight male . . . I thought I was a gay female. Then, less than two months ago, a guy walked into my place of business

This 'ole poll is just like something I'd post: 'bout as clear as mud! Explanation always needed yet not only didn't the OP help but the bias toward "LGBT" confusion seems obvious . . .

Main question: Are you attracted to the opposite sex? but:

Answer #1: yes. before I transitioned I was attracted to the same sex. meaning?
as an always MtoF I like(d) "women"? OR as a former M I always liked "guys"? Worse is:

Answer #2: yes. But before i transitioned I was straight. I've changed with the transition.meaning?
First part easy enough (I suppose?) but what "changed"? Your gender? OR Orientation? OR BOTH?
At great risk of needing to "explain" I'd 'ave to go with:
Answer #3: no. I was straight before the transition and kept my preference the same. except: The true answer to "main question" would be "yes" and "preference" would still be . . . STRAIGHT (as in "opposite sex")?

Answer #6: I'm bi is my backup plan (and, if needs be, am sticking to it how can one go wrong?)

. . . the nature of the attraction is different. With women, it's more physical; with men, it's more emotional. It makes me wonder how much of sexual attraction is nurture vs. nature

Quote from: Chloe on April 10, 2019, 10:34:29 AM
         IMHO this is correct, @Dieland I posted a more lengthy reply elsewhere but think about it -> unlike male-based "first experiences" enjoying heterosexual sex as a woman does not come so naturally, takes some getting used to is otherwise "learned".
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

SeptagonScars

Not to complain but those answers are phrased in such a way that I can't figure out how to respond in the poll. Although I legit misread "beasts" as "breasts" so that says it all! I've transitioned to male/nb, I'm afab and consider myself a woman, although I don't think I have a gender per se. I'm only attracted to other afab's, which I see as an attraction to the same sex, irregardless of gender (both mine and others gender), and the label I go by is lesbian. Which is accurate for me both pre- and post transition. To simplify it I just say I'm a woman who's only attracted to other women.

My sexual orientation never changed, but I mistakenly thought I was bisexual until last year. Compulsive heterosexuality (comphet), sexual traumas and internalised homophobia kept me in denial of my attraction to the same sex as well as my lack of attraction to the opposite sex, for most of my life. But I was, despite how many men I was with and thought I was into without feeling any actual spark, always a lesbian.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Margrit

Was gay before and now I am straight.
  •  

Linde

Was straight before and now I am lesbian!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•