Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anyone know a good cheap binder site?

Started by Cj0808, October 20, 2011, 09:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cj0808

I know there are pleanty of threads on here, however I have been ill for around 22 weeks.. 7 of which were spent in hospital because I had septiceamia and was not well at all.
Now this isn't a sob story, just explaining why I am very short on cash.
I am a 10-12 H (in AUS size) in a bra which is a very awkward size, smaller back size and huge boobs.
Does anyone know a good cheap site with strong binders in large sizes?

Thanks everyone.
  •  

Darrin Scott

I don't know about "cheap", but underworks isn't that expensive. I paid a little over $30 including shipping on my binder in the US. I'm a DDD in US sizes. I don't know what that would be in Aus sizes, but I'd look at Underworks.

•  

Cj0808

I am a 32H in US size.
Thanks for that :) I am basically trying to see how many different places people know of that are not expensive.
  •  

CaptainFantastic

You can try to modify one of these supporting panties by cutting the legs off and making a hole in the middle
to fit your head through only just, it mustn't be too wide or otherwise the flattening effect won't be good enough.
I know it sounds a bit weird, but they're a very cheap alternative and very comfy too.
I bought a couple of super cheap ones, sacrificed a few by cutting too far and too wide, but finally got it right and
make some new ones as soon as the old ones wear out or don't fee nice anymore. You can also buy more expensive
ones (30 EUR), but be surer you've practised on the cheap ones before;))
I read about this somewhere on a transmen page, but forgot where, so just tried it out for myself and it works a treat!
  •  

Darrin Scott

Quote from: CaptainFantastic on October 20, 2011, 11:44:13 AM
You can try to modify one of these supporting panties by cutting the legs off and making a hole in the middle
to fit your head through only just, it mustn't be too wide or otherwise the flattening effect won't be good enough.
I know it sounds a bit weird, but they're a very cheap alternative and very comfy too.
I bought a couple of super cheap ones, sacrificed a few by cutting too far and too wide, but finally got it right and
make some new ones as soon as the old ones wear out or don't fee nice anymore. You can also buy more expensive
ones (30 EUR), but be surer you've practised on the cheap ones before;))
I read about this somewhere on a transmen page, but forgot where, so just tried it out for myself and it works a treat!

I'm not sure how well that would work for bigger guys, though.

•  

mm

I don't know what to suggest for you with large mounds and a small chest size it is going to be to hard anything that will really hide very much.
  •  

Cj0808

I know it is going to be hard *sigh* I am sure I will find something though.
I would wear my old steel boned corsets that I used to make... but alas the lacing makes it really obvious.... and when you have big boobs... plastic boning and no lacing doesn't work.
  •  

Nathan90

I think Underworks is your cheapest shot at official binders that tend to work. Another option would be to see if you have someone in your surrounding who know their way around a sewing machine, but that would require you to come out to them.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain
  •  

Cj0808

I could make one but alas my sewing machine is with a friend interstate *sigh*
I am out to everyone and I am somewhat gender fluid/andro at the moment because of the breast issue.... I change from boyish to man and back to boi again.

Thanks Nathan for the good idea, I may try and borrow a sewing machine, that may make things easier. :)
  •  

Nathan90

Just make sure you don't make it too tight and hurt yourself and use the right fabric for it.

The handmade binders that are sold in my country are made from lycra (I don't know if I should translate, but it's called like that 'round here). It's made up from one layer on the backside and a dubble layer on the front.
Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain
  •  

Arch

Here in the U.S., I hear that Wal-Mart carries inexpensive waist cinchers that some guys use for binding. You might be able to find the equivalent. I'm not sure how safe they are. Or try the Big Brothers used binder program. You might get lucky and find what you need. I'm not sure if there are shipping restrictions.

Avoid Ace bandages--I've heard that they're definitely not safe.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Sharky

I'm an American F cup. I have no idea what band size, but I'm about 200 pounds and a 36 in pants. I usually get a large or extra large in shirts. I  just got a large double front from Underworks. It actually works much better than the tri top on me. It's only 30 bucks. Use code under10 for 10% off. I think shipping was pretty cheap. I got next day because I'm really impatient and I think that was under $20. I would guess shipping to your country would be around that.
  •  

Cj0808

10H cup in Australia and a 32H in US and about 130 pounds (60kg) at the moment.

Yeah, I use to make clinchers and corsets and under busts and all those sort of things, I am probably going to make a binder as soon as I get hold of a sewing machine.
I am also from Australia, it is probably best I make my own as I have quite a large bust on a smaller frame.

And I won't hurt myself Nathan, I have tiny ribs and I am used to wearing double steel boned reinforced corsetry so I am trained to breathe correctly etc, and  I know when something isn't right... Thank you for your care and concern though and yeah I know what Lycra is. :)
  •