Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Evil That Is The City Of London...

Started by mimpi, October 31, 2011, 07:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimpi

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/oct/31/corporation-london-city-medieval?commentpage=1#start-of-comments

The plutocratic mafia state that runs Britain. The article is truly shocking and the comments that follow are well worth reading.

"It's the dark heart of Britain, the place where democracy goes to die, immensely powerful, equally unaccountable. But I doubt that one in 10 British people has any idea of what the Corporation of the City of London is and how it works. This could be about to change. Alongside the Church of England, the Corporation is seeking to evict the protesters camped outside St Paul's cathedral. The protesters, in turn, have demanded that it submit to national oversight and control....."
  •  

tekla

England, it's not only an island and a country, it's the world's largest working antique museum.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Pica Pica

I'd always seen The Corporation as the withered husk of ancient power.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

tekla

the withered husk of ancient power

Well played there.  Though I always saw The Queen staring in that role.  Over here we call it The Senate.
  •  

gennee

There are many corrupt governments all over the world. Some are worse than others. In my mind England, Colombia, Italy, Russia, India, and American are among the worst.
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: gennee on November 01, 2011, 01:24:10 PM
There are many corrupt governments all over the world. Some are worse than others. In my mind England, Colombia, Italy, Russia, India, and American are among the worst.

Having spent half my adult life in Italy I would rate the UK as far more corrupt than Italy, the difference being that in the UK corruption is available only to the select few.. The Vatican and Washington DC however are up there on the podium in silver and bronze positions.

More unbelievable UK stuff: Prince Charles has the power of veto over government legislation. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/oct/31/prince-charles-veto-editorial?INTCMP=SRCH

To almost every citizen in Britain, the idea that the Prince of Wales has the right to veto government legislation – even if it relates only to a handful of bills over a decade or more – is an astonishing discovery. But to those in the parallel universe occupied by communications between government and Prince Charles, it seems not to have been worth a second thought.

We need a proper constitution, a bill of rights and a republic. Send the scrounging filth into exile.
  •  

Princess of Hearts

England is only one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom.    It is wrong to say or write 'England' when you mean 'Great Britain' or 'the United Kingdom'.

I have been reading the online versions of continental newspapers recently especially the Italian ones and these newspapers are much superior to the comics and vile scandal sheets that pass for newspapers here in Britain.      Newspapers here treat their readers either as nasty-minded, materialistic children, or simpering, hand-wringing idiots.   I like reading the 'Donne' section of the Italian newspapers whereas I find the so-called womens' section of British newspapers unreadable. 

•  

tekla

We need a proper constitution, a bill of rights and a republic.
The United States tried to tell you that a couple of centuries ago, are you just now getting the message?

Send the scrounging filth into exile.
Actually the last time you did that you created the US and Australia.
  •  

Princess of Hearts

Mimpi I have started putting titles into double quotes like this:  "Duchess" of Cambridge, "Duke" of Edinburgh, "Prince" Charles, "Archbishop" of London, "Queen" of Englandshire and "Prime Minister" Cameron.

I like the way that the FMOTL movement talks about 'Elizabeth Windsor, the woman acting as queen, and David Cameron, the man acting as Prime Minister etc

•  

mimpi

Quote from: Happy Girl! on November 01, 2011, 05:49:12 PM
England is only one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom.    It is wrong to say or write 'England' when you mean 'Great Britain' or 'the United Kingdom'.

I have been reading the online versions of continental newspapers recently especially the Italian ones and these newspapers are much superior to the comics and vile scandal sheets that pass for newspapers here in Britain.      Newspapers here treat their readers either as nasty-minded, materialistic children, or simpering, hand-wringing idiots.   I like reading the 'Donne' section of the Italian newspapers whereas I find the so-called womens' section of British newspapers unreadable.

La Repubblica's 'D' section is good as is the newspaper itself. L'Unità and Liberazione are reasonably sane as well. I don't buy the Guardian but their website is good although I find it hard to forgive the closure of Guardian Talk although NotTheTalk is still good for a laugh and for winding people up!
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: tekla on November 01, 2011, 05:58:57 PM
We need a proper constitution, a bill of rights and a republic.
The United States tried to tell you that a couple of centuries ago, are you just now getting the message?

Send the scrounging filth into exile.
Actually the last time you did that you created the US and Australia.

I'm only rude about Australians when they attempt to play cricket ;)
  •  

Sailor_Saturn

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it, and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit, and it goes by the name of London!

I'm surprised no one referenced that yet! But no, seriously, corruption is part and parcel of politics. You're never going to escape it, the best you can do is change out your politicians frequently enough that by the time they are corrupted they're on the way out. That means following your representative party's behavior closely and speaking to your representatives. If a member of Socialdemokraterne is doing something I think is wrong, I let the party chairman and the representative in question know it.
  •  

mimpi

Unfortunately UK society as a whole is deeply corrupt compared to that of Denmark. Our politicians, police, judiciary, lawyers lead the field but the corruption extends right down to the very base of society. As for our political parties all three major parties are rotten to the core and the extra parliamentary parties of the left are both heavily infiltrated and deeply ineffectual.

I despair of the lack of political awareness here. The future is bleak, very bleak.
  •  

Princess of Hearts

I did politics for a year at university and we talked about corruption, and the professor assured us that Britain had  the lowest levels of political corruption.    What we consider to be a scandal wouldn't  even get reported on in America.   He said that America was one of the worst countries for political corruption.   That is why hardly anyone bothers to vote in America as most people know that 'Big-Business' bought the President, Congress and Senate decades ago.

•  

Sailor_Saturn

Mimpi, we have our share of crooked politicians in Denmark also. Your words about the situation in the UK break my heart, but you must not give up. You have power as a voter, and you must exercise that power. If the society is corrupt, you must work toward eliminating that corruption. Involvement with political committees at the local level can certainly help. Is the corruption so far-reaching that even being particularly vocal at your local town hall won't help? I'm not saying you have to run for office or anything, but if you shout truth and hold representatives accountable then rational people are bound to listen! I've actually called a representative a liar right to his face, and threw facts and figures at him to show just how much of a liar he was (Dansk Folkeparti supporters tend not to like me very much as a result).
  •  

mimpi

Thanks for that, Saturn. Personally I've come up against corruption in the UK but have been advised by both lawyers and a friend in the police not to pursue it as it would be "the fight of my life" in the words of my friend. Anyone who doesn't believe our society is rotten would do well to look at the perpetual scandals that surround us. Cash for questions, News International, Iraq Dossier, Stephen Lawrence killing, Deaths in Custody, MPs expenses, planning consents and a thousand more.

My own issue was with my extended family corrupting insiders in the Police to harass me and try to fit me up. Fortunately they failed but there is nothing I can do without putting myself at serious risk. That is why I want out of the UK and regret ever returning here.
  •  

BlonT

All  governments have hidden agenda,s 
And on that is not what there slaves think, or that the are there to protect there slaves.
Prove ? look at the banks and the i.m.f
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: BlonT on November 06, 2011, 12:37:25 PM
All  governments have hidden agenda,s 
And on that is not what there slaves think, or that the are there to protect there slaves.
Prove ? look at the banks and the i.m.f

Absolutely, I agree. The IMF is evil personified, Greece and Italy should tell them where to shove their plans. Interest is the root of many evils and I'm not saying that from an Islamic perspective either, it's just an undeniable truth.
  •