Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

best lubricant for dilating?

Started by Deila, October 27, 2011, 08:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaNYCgirl

Quote from: JenJen2011 on October 28, 2011, 10:45:51 AM
ID Glide is different from Astroglide. It comes in a blue bottle and it's pretty thick. It works great for penetration.

JENJEN2011   IS THIS  WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?

http://www.amazon.com/I-D-Personal-Lubricant-64-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B00BKWZXMM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382425044&sr=8-2&keywords=ID+Glide
  •  

JenJen2011

Quote from: JessicaNYCgirl on October 22, 2013, 02:02:43 AM
JENJEN2011   IS THIS  WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?

http://www.amazon.com/I-D-Personal-Lubricant-64-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B00BKWZXMM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382425044&sr=8-2&keywords=ID+Glide

Nope, I mean this one......

http://www.undercovercondoms.com/productphotos/1266_large.jpg

What is in the container could be the same product but the bottle that I purchase looks like ^^^^. I get them at Rite Aid and I've seen them in sex toy stores.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

debbiinpink

For dilating I use....

ORGANIC PRESSED COCONUT OIL

I can't sing its praises enough and so much cheaper than any chemical lube.

Deb
Writer/Director & 4 time Emmy® winner
  •  

Amy Rachel

It's different for everyone.

First of all, if you're still using Surgilube, stop right now. That requires douching after, and that complicates everything and can lead to yeast infections. And THAT is not a subject you want to be researching. (I got some bad ones. Spending $40 for a single capsule to poke up your snooch, and then hoping for the best, is not any way to spend a week.)

I tried AstroGlide, but it made me itch. Something in it I'm allergic to, I believe. With a friend's guidance, I ended up with a water-based lube that worked better, but it didn't last long enough and I ended up having to reapply a lot. Nothing like repeatedly reaching for a plastic bottle to break the mood!

Ultimately for me, nothing has come close to Replens. It's expensive, but it has some nice advantages (in my mind, at least). It has the appearance and consistency of cum. It smells not unpleasant. It even has a slight taste of cum (a bit salty). You can use it on your stent or vibrator and it won't dissolve away right away. AND if you're the dry type and want to have sex with your guy, it's not going to get in the way with any weird taste or smell. You can pre-lube and have your evening of fun. It's marketed to cis women. Maybe there are generic alternatives now.
  •  

Brasileira

The best lubricant ever is the "Biogleide" from Joy division. Really I never used a lubricant so good like this one u will need only a little and nothing more. And the best part it is bio and natural.
  •  

Eva

I was started on the water based goop but at 3 months in I switched to pure silicone lube and I'll never go back... It's very slick and it's PH neutral and I don't worry about douching anymore... I like coconut oil too but its hard to use without making a mess of things...
  •  

kimbee777

I still use surgilube it works great, I've never had any problems but I wash down there well. I can't stand liquid lubes, they're too messy and the dilator ends up getting stuck inside me :'(. My gyno told me not to douche.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I use KY jelly, works fine for me and have no issues....

I buy it for under $5 a tube....each tube last a bit more than a month....

My approximate annual cost is ~$60

C -
  •  

Peach

I use K-Y Jelly too since my surgery (almost 8 years) and it's perfect to me. Nice texture, without smell.
  •  

Dani

Many choices here, but I prefer KY Ultragel.
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Amy Rachel on October 23, 2016, 01:27:18 AM
First of all, if you're still using Surgilube, stop right now. That requires douching after, and that complicates everything and can lead to yeast infections.

Why do you say Surgilube it requires douching afterwards? I've not heard that before and a lot of surgeons recommend it.
  •  

Gwendoline

I use mostly Almond oil or vit-e oil. The first is one of the recommended by the AUMC, the second by dr Kanhai from MKV. With oil you do not need to douche afterwards.
  •  

Sarah B

I have always used "Wet Stuff" water based lubricant.  I buy it in Australia.

Its come to the stage where I need to change, in other words to find something a little thicker.

Kind regards to everyone
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Donica

I use SuriLube. My surgeon recommended E-Z lube, but I find SurgiLube to be more viscous. I douche once a week, mostly to keep the clitty litter away. ;)
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •