News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My pets name is.....

Started by Tracey, November 01, 2011, 04:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thessa

My dogs name is Indie.
He will turn 15 next month and he is a croatian street dog we found when he was around 6 weeks old.

He looks like a german sherpard that was laundered to hot. (Not sure if this is the correct expression in english)
  •  

TG CLare

I live with an 11 year old brindle coloured Bull Terrier named Danny.

Danny had a rough beginning after being abandoned as a little puppy by his owner. The man's sister hadn't heard from her brother who lived in the Bronx and the phone wasn't in service so she goes to see him. The superintendent said he had checked into a rehab but if she wanted his mangy mutt, it was tied up out back. Danny, who was called Rocky (how original) was tied to a tree, had knocked his water bowl over, was skinny and sunburned not to mention had a bad case of (totally treatable) mange.

I have no idea how she found out about the rescue group but she called the New York representative who put her in touch with someone else in Rochester. Each one drove to meet the other and they met in Binghampton, NY. There Danny was signed over to rescue. Apparently, he was so bad, that the lady's husband would not touch him and if you did, your hand came away with blood and pus.

Danny spent quite a bit of time being nursed back to health and eventually was able to travel. In the mean time, our old dog had died at 14 and we were looking for a rescue dog and Danny came into our lives.

His name was changed to Danny, in honour of the man's sister, Dani who literally saved his little doggy life.

Danny met up with the lady from Rochester a few times and dogs do remember!! His tail was wagging so fast it was invisible and almost lifted him off the ground and he wiggled so much and spun around in happiness.

Danny was 10 months old when we got him, 35 pounds, a full 1/4 of his fur missing. Today he weighs in at 65 pounds, has 99% of his fur back and is a happy little (!) dog again.

For all of Danny's benefactors, he gave them a red maple leaf pin edged in gold as a way of saying thank you for saving my life.

Someone asked me if he came from the Bronx, does he bark with an accent?

He is a lucky dog and when he came to us he was told he had won the doggy lottery!

Love you Danny.

Love,
Clare

I am the same on the inside, just different wrapping on the outside.

It is vain to quarrel with destiny.-Thomas Middleton.

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dr. McGinn girl, June 2015!
  •  

Ka_123

Quote from: Thessa on February 24, 2016, 04:48:38 AM
My dogs name is Indie.

Mine too! Great minds  ;D love him to pieces
  •  

SophiaBleu

I have two cats, Spike and Drusilla. I also have a 14 pound terrorizing dog named Sebastian. He is a boston terrier/chihuahua mix and cute as a button!
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

Michelle G

His name is "Shopkat" because he hangs around my art studio with me :)

In the evening he always curls up and falls asleep like this when I'm watching tv,

Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

CrazyCatMan

I have a tabby cat named Sophie-Lee. she is my fur-baby and turns 6 this month.
  •  

Rufio

I have a black cat named Boo. He came with the name and it stuck, but I tend to call him the raptorcat because he's learned to open doors. He's too clever by half and nearly five years old now.
  •