Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

waxing my legs

Started by JulieC., July 10, 2011, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulieC.

So I finally decided I wanted to try waxing my legs.  I bought a kit from the store.  I have a pretty high threshold for pain and as it turns out it's not too bad.  What I wasn't prepared for was how messy it was going to be.  I guess I should have known....It's got to be sticky or the hair is not going to stick to it.  By the time I was done I was a sticky mess and so was everything around me. 
But the good news is it worked pretty good.  My legs are a bit red but that should fade and really really smooth.  I can see I missed a few hairs and there are some spots that look like I may have bruised my skin a little which concerns me.  Now I want to see how long it is before I need to shave.  I ran out before I could completely do both legs so I have a spot on my right thigh for comparison. 
One things for sure....If I ever do this again I will go to a salon and have it done professionally.  You should have seen me doing the back of my thighs. LOL

"Happiness is not something ready made.  It comes from your own actions" - Dalai Lama
"It always seem impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
  •  

Randi

Hi Julie, I tried waxing a long time ago and couldn't deal with the mess I made. I recently bought an Emjoi Soft Caress epilator and I love it. It hurt a lot the first time but after getting used to it - it's not bad at all, except when I get loose skin caught in the tweezers :icon_yikes: As long as I can keep the skin tight it doesn't hurt nearly as much as when it is loose. Afterwards I can go over my skin with a razor (or not) and get the fine hairs the tweezers left behind and my skin is so smooth! Also I always go over my skin with a loofa sponge and remove all the loose tissue that I can. I wind up with fewer ingrown hairs by doing this- Kristi, thanks again for the tip.

The skin on my face is another matter (not recommended for this area). I can use it on my cheeks and chin area but the other areas are very sensitive and the pain is just too much for me to bear. If you do try this just do a small amount of hair at a time and it will hurt much less than if you get in a hurry and get a lot of hair at one time.

Kristi gave some very good suggestions for hair removal and skin care on some older posts-dig them up and see what she says about it.

Randi
  •  

latingrl

Try finding a tg friendly esthetician for getting you legs waxed. When the hair grows back after waxing, it grows back thinner.
  •  

CDVeronica2

I think any esthetician will be happy to wax your legs.
  •  

michelle666

I waxed my legs for the first time today. The pain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it was tolerable. The worst part about it was the mess. I was thinking about an epilator, how do those compare to waxing results and painwise?
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

my thighs are hairy :( it's more so looking since the hair there is long and dark, and quite thick strands. i shave my legs every other day, but thighs are hard. plus, the hair on there grows in different grains, and my thighs are also a thick, juicy area. i've been on hrt for well over a year, and the body hair doesn't seem to be changing much if at all. i'm seriously wondering if i just got genetics to be a more hairy female. i have thick scalp hair, thick eyebrows, thick eyelashes. in fact, looks like i have mascara or falsies when i just wear them natural. i guess, naturally, it comes with more hair.
  •  

stldrmgrl

Quote from: michelle666 on November 06, 2011, 10:55:37 AM
I waxed my legs for the first time today. The pain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it was tolerable. The worst part about it was the mess. I was thinking about an epilator, how do those compare to waxing results and painwise?

Same pain level, longer duration - which to some equates to more pain primarily due to the fact that epilating pulls a few hairs at a time, whereas waxing pulls an entire area of hair.  Results between the two are relatively the same.  Also, epilating typically takes quite a bit longer than waxing, unfortunately.  The biggest advantage to using an epilator vs waxing is the savings.  A good epilator costs roughly $80 and will last for a long long time if properly maintained.  Nonetheless, it's personal preference...YMMV.

I apologize for hijacking this thread...please continue!
  •