News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Impeachment is within reach

Started by togetherwecan, March 06, 2007, 01:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Melissa on March 06, 2007, 11:38:52 PM
This is what I call a Republican Induced Problem. 
What most don't realize is that a 1 cent increase in the price of fuel costs an airline millions of dollars.  Since we elected two shills for the oil companies and you look at what fuel prices have done to the airlines since then, yep.  Republican Induced Problem is an apt description.  Or you could just use the term RIP off.  ;)

Bev
  •  

Cindi Jones

Well Bev, I certainly am.  I could tell you my story, for it is truly one to weep over, but I'll let it slide tonight.  I will tell you that I lost financial independence in earned options and my job.

I haven't talked about it much since there's not much that can be done.  Perhaps someday I will.

Yes, there are a lot of problems.  But it still hasn't affected the majority of Americans yet. Until we can unite the country in opposition, there is little hope for major change. I do what I can and the tide is changing some. So, Bush implodes or we all lose everything. Either one of those will work.  I'm not sure that I want to see either.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on March 06, 2007, 11:45:26 PM
Or you could just use the term RIP off.  ;)
I was thinking more along the lines of Rest In Peace (R.I.P.) like it's written on tombstones, which is more symbolic of what it will cause the country to become.

Melissa
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 06, 2007, 11:47:15 PM
Well Bev, I certainly am.  I could tell you my story, for it is truly one to weep over, but I'll let it slide tonight.  I will tell you that I lost financial independence in earned options and my job.

I haven't talked about it much since there's not much that can be done.  Perhaps someday I will.

I know sweetie, I'm reading.  As soon as I finish re-reading Chalker's Well World series (one more book to go), it's next on my list and I plan to sit down and give it a thorough read.

<<<<<BIG HUG>>>>>
Bev
  •  

Cindi Jones

Oh this isn't in the book... I didn't want to overload the reader ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Well then, when you have a chance, e-mail it to me.  We can share horror stories.
Of course if I won the $370 Million lotto jackpot tonight (yeah, right), we won't have to worry about that. 

Bev
  •  

togetherwecan

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on March 06, 2007, 11:45:26 PM
Quote from: Melissa on March 06, 2007, 11:38:52 PM
This is what I call a Republican Induced Problem. 
What most don't realize is that a 1 cent increase in the price of fuel costs an airline millions of dollars.  Since we elected two shills for the oil companies and you look at what fuel prices have done to the airlines since then, yep.  Republican Induced Problem is an apt description.  Or you could just use the term RIP off.  ;)

Bev

That was awesome bev!
 But it still hasn't affected the majority of Americans yet. Until we can unite the country in opposition, there is little hope for major change. I do what I can and the tide is changing some. So, Bush implodes or we all lose everything. Either one of those will work.  I'm not sure that I want to see either.

Cindi

I think maybe you don't realize how many it has affected and believe me it is the majority. That is why we saw what we saw in the 2006 elections.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: togetherwecan on March 07, 2007, 12:22:05 AM
That was awesome bev!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. (Bev dislocates shoulder patting herself on the back) :laugh:
And with that, I'm going to say "Good night Gracie" and go to bed.

Bev
  •  

Brooke_NY

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on March 06, 2007, 03:06:01 PM
No Republican is going to take the chance that Pelosi could end up in the White House, no matter how much they dislike the President's policies.

It's true. They are despicable. They'd prefer fraud in the White House as opposed to letting someone legitimate run the wonderful U.S. of A. This is the most unpatriotic administration I have ever seen in my lifetime. What are they doing in our White House? (ya know, besides wiping their behinds with the Constitution)

Yes, there are a lot of problems.  But it still hasn't affected the majority of Americans yet. Until we can unite the country in opposition, there is little hope for major change. I do what I can and the tide is changing some. So, Bush implodes or we all lose everything. Either one of those will work.  I'm not sure that I want to see either.

I think that one of the elements that is missing which had a great impact on the turnout of Vietnam is that there is no draft. Part of me supports the idea of a draft because if there was one, there would be a heck of alot more people paying attention. We'd see a lot more parents in the streets if they thought their kid could be whisked away into battle when they turn 18.

Not that I want a draft, but I often ponder the impact of one. Would probably accelerate the end of the war and get more people on thier feet and questioning this administration.

Just a thought.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Brooke NY on March 09, 2007, 09:34:58 AM
I think that one of the elements that is missing which had a great impact on the turnout of Vietnam is that there is no draft. Part of me supports the idea of a draft because if there was one, there would be a heck of alot more people paying attention. We'd see a lot more parents in the streets if they thought their kid could be whisked away into battle when they turn 18.

Quite insightful Brooke.  Why do you think no one has called for a draft.  No, they would rather have people do 2,3 or 4 tours instead.  With the draft during the Nam era, you did your tour, rotated back to the World and unless you volunteered for another tour, you were done (except for career military).  They simply sent more 19 year old cannon fodder an invitation for an all expense paid tour of Southeast Asia.  Now they play Russian Roulette with the all volunteer forces.  It's like pulling the trigger.  One time and you'll probably be ok but each time you pull the trigger (do another tour of duty) your chances go down.  Look at Cindy Sheehan(sp?).  Her son was killed and even though she protests the war the administration's attitude is "What are you complaining about, he was an adult and he volunteered."  Oh sure they pretty up the words but that's the gist of it.

Bev
  •  

Cindi Jones

Automatic enlistment for all eligible children of Congress and the administration. No preferences. They go to the frontlines.  That would solve this thing in about 20 minutes.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Suzy

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 09, 2007, 02:43:14 PM
Automatic enlistment for all eligible children of Congress and the administration. No preferences. They go to the frontlines.  That would solve this thing in about 20 minutes.

Cindi

Sure would!

Kristi
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 09, 2007, 02:43:14 PM

No doubt about that.  I think that right now, there are only 1 or 2 members of Congress with children serving in a combat zone.

Bev
  •