Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Real ID roils community

Started by tinkerbell, March 27, 2007, 02:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerbell

QuoteThere was a sea of colors at Brittingham Park over the weekend, as hundreds of demonstrators gathered to protest the upcoming passage of the Real ID Act.

Link

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Cindi Jones

I haven't thought about the illegal immigrants who have to get ID's.  This is going to reek havoc with business who hire migrant workers.  Hmmm.... I wonder how we'll get our slave labor if we decide to kick them out cause they aren't card carryin members?  I'm sure they'll figure that one out.

Cinders
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Attis

Real ID is just Real Fascism. I wonder how long until another state passes a law against Real ID inclusion. I heard NH may do so by the end of this year.

-- Bridget
  •  

LynnER

Here in El Paso you have to chip your pets.... at the rate the government is going there going to throw out the ID card period and have it implanted under the skin....  Scarry huh?
  •  

ChildOfTheLight

Could this be the issue that brings together transgendered people and religious fundamentalists?  (Many of them see this as the "Mark of the Beast.")
  •  

tinkerbell

Some religious people think that the mark of the best is either your SSN or the UPC bar codes printed on items for scanning purposes.
Boo!  >:D

tink :icon_chick:
  •