Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Go Rosie GO!!!

Started by togetherwecan, April 01, 2007, 10:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attis

Sorry, but I can't condone her opinion on the grounds that it does nothing be debase the anti-war effort in Iraq. If you want to end it now, get someone like Ron Paul or the Libertarian Party candidate in office. They'll make quick word of the Implied Powers clause of the US Constitution to rebalance this government back to individual liberty and peace once more. But taking the kook conspiracy road is not going to do that.

-- Bridget
  •  

tinkerbell

OMG for a moment I thought you were talking about someone from work whom I dislike very much! :P

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Cindi Jones

Oh I think if you really wanted to end this thing, you could:

1) Raise gas prices to $6 a gallon.  That would get people mad enough to support the war and finish it. We'd be happy to do that and settle for $5 a gallon gasoline. (Yea it sounds totally stupid but it would work).

2) Institute the draft.  This would piss everybody off and we'd pull out.

3) Send all of the eligible sons and daughters of congress to the front lines.  That would end the war within the week.

No, Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.  I can't believe how many still support this idea. It's totally bizzarre.

Cindii

Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Cindi Jones on April 02, 2007, 12:07:41 AM
Oh I think if you really wanted to end this thing, you could:

1) Raise gas prices to $6 a gallon.  That would get people mad enough to support the war and finish it. We'd be happy to do that and settle for $5 a gallon gasoline. (Yea it sounds totally stupid but it would work).

Isn't it about that high in parts of "Utopia" right now?

And I don't think it would take a week to end the war if you sent Congress' rug rats.  Just long enough for someone to write a binding resolution and both chambers to vote on it.

Bev
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on April 02, 2007, 06:03:05 AM

Isn't it about that high in parts of "Utopia" right now?

LOL   :D ;D Actually Bev, Cindi is from Atlantis and I am from Utopia.  But yes, gas prices are that high.  ;)

•  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Tink on April 02, 2007, 06:52:33 PM
Cindi is from Atlantis and I am from Utopia. 

Then who is from Shangri-La? ???

Quote from: Tink on April 02, 2007, 06:52:33 PM
But yes, gas prices are that high.

Well you mentioned The Castro a while back so that was a clue and I had heard at least a week ago that it was right at $4 per gallon in that lovely city.   ;) ;)

Beverly
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on April 02, 2007, 08:37:37 PM

Aren't you from there?  ;D

Quote from: BeverlyAnnWell you mentioned The Castro a while back so that was a clue and I had heard at least a week ago that it was right at $4 per gallon in that lovely city.   ;) ;)

$4.13 per gallon in some gas stations.  I know!  >:(

•  

Attis

This is why I'm very happy that I own two bicycles and use them regularly. :3

-- Brede
  •  

Cindi Jones

I walk to work every day.  :D

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Tink on April 02, 2007, 11:10:33 PM
Quote from: BeverlyAnn on April 02, 2007, 08:37:37 PM

Aren't you from there?  ;D

With out influx of population lately, you might call this area North Mexico City but not Shangi-La.  If you understand my meaning.

Quote from: Tink
$4.13 per gallon in some gas stations.  I know!  >:(

$2.37 up the street yesterday morning. ;D
  •