Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HELP! 1 year post and my hormone levels are still messed up!!

Started by Princess_Jasmine, November 15, 2011, 11:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess_Jasmine

I need to know what is going on here! I don't understand why but ever since my surgery a year ago I have literally not felt the same emotionally. I know my hormones are still messed up and I can't understand how to solve it. I just don't feel youthful, feminine, or energetic anymore. That zing of yay cant wait to start my day today in the morning is just not there.  I'm always fatigued or have no energy, even if I have slept like a baby for 8 hours. Also, my metabolism is horrible compared to before. And there isn't any reason I should be feeling this way because I love my life and where I am.

I'm 21 years old, 5'6", thin build, and completely passable. I know that this problem is all related to hormones I just don't know how to fix it. I originally was seeing my endo who took care of me pre surgery but he is not a help at all. He is the type that writes the prescriptions and just says, take what makes you feel good rather than guiding me into what I need. Before surgery my estradiol level was always in the 700s and my testerone levels were immeasurable. After surgery, my estradiol levels were always in the 300s. I was on progesterone for 10 days out of the month pre surgery but stopped it after surgery, so I thought maybe that was the problem? I started taking progesterone and I felt like myself for a couple of days after a week of trying it, but then my body just went back into that fatigue mode where I can't move or have any energy.

So then I was told the problem is that I have no testerone and being so young, I would need to supplement it. I didnt understand because my testerone levels were always immeasurable pre surgery, but I figured I would do as the doctor said. And so, they prescribed a testerone cream that was supposed to be a very very low dose. However, even on this low dose I ended up getting little facial hairs and acne. So I immediately stopped it.

Now, I am just trying to figure out what the heck the answer is. I cut my estradiol dose in half from what Id been taking for the past 8 months and I felt alot better. More energy more life, but still not all there. I just dont have that happy feeling and zing for life. I am not sure if I need to cute my dose more? Because if my estradiol levels pre surgery were 700 and I felt amazing, and the dose I've been taking after surgery gave me levels of 300, then I fear cutting that dose too much will give me too low estradiol levels. Does anyone have any input? How am I supposed to have high estradiol levels again if taking more estradiol just makes me fatigued? What is going on here? HELP!
  •  

Kristyn

The same thing has happened to me and the only solution I found is to just keep going and working through it.  I noticed that six months after surgery I was really depressed and, after upping my estrace, things became quite a lot better with me emotionally.  Still, it takes a lot more to get me motivated.  I've just recently regained enough energy to up my workouts which also helped.  Basically, I think it is just something we have to adjust to--maybe it's glandular--but, whatever it is doctors don't seem to be of much help.  I've also noticed that I have absolutely no desire for sex or relationships of any kind.  I just spend each day writing and working on creative things now.

HEY!  My countdown thing disappeared!!!
  •  

Deila

you should try primrose oil, it is AMAZING at bringing back balance to your hormones. Look into it and see if its something you would be interested in. and just know with all your heart that you ARE Fine and everything is going to be perfect and turn out right for you!
  •