Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How long did it take you to grow your hair out?

Started by ~RoadToTrista~, November 08, 2011, 11:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pretty

Hmm... it went from chin length to just past shoulder length over the last 6 months? Feels kinda slow I think but it's probably normal so whatever. Can't remember the last time my hair was short short so that's all I can say  :)

Btw the rule of thumb is 1/2" per month.
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on November 09, 2011, 11:54:03 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I hate hate the all one length hair. It's not feminine. It's a boys hairstyle...

As for me...Just doing side parted bangs with long and short layers. The idea is to look like an extra from the TV show, "Las Vegas"

do you think all women should get their haircut the same as you? personally, i like my bob with bangs. it's retro, but i'm getting kind of bored and wanna grow it past my shoulders so i could do a side ponytail over a shoulder. i'm keeping the straight bangs though, they work for me.
  •  

Whitney

Quote from: Kiera on November 09, 2011, 09:34:53 AM
WHY all the "shaving of head" i don't get that part? i can remember being little and always near hysterical every time "ex-military" parents both took me to "Mr Conty", the local neighborhood "one style butcher" barber i still have nightmares about!

lol Is it because ya's used to think you were rednecks, gung ho uncle sammys too ??

I've been growing my hair out and cutting it my entire life. It really epitomizes my inner struggle between who I am, and who I needed to pretend I was. I went through a hyper masculine sprint right before I finally broke down and came to terms that I would never outrun this. Also, if you've never showered with a shaved/military cut head, well you're missing out. The convenience of not needing to spend ten minutes rinsing it off, then half an hour drying it with a hair-heat-death-ray-blaster-gun. It really puts long hair into perspective. Then again, 'mones have greatly reduced the oiliness of my hair, so I can get away with only washing it once or twice a week. Lots of conditioning though.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Whitney on November 10, 2011, 12:23:38 AM
Also, if you've never showered with a shaved/military cut head, well you're missing out.

My ex boyfriend and I used to shower...and he would shave all my body hair off...including my hair.

This was me back then.. I think I just did some coke in this photo LOL:

•  

Eve of chaos

umm I shaved my head down reaaaally short around march and its grown out to the the length you see in my avatar since then
I only got it cut once since then and that was recently.

Annah

Quote from: FullMoon19 on November 10, 2011, 12:21:21 AM
do you think all women should get their haircut the same as you? personally, i like my bob with bangs. it's retro, but i'm getting kind of bored and wanna grow it past my shoulders so i could do a side ponytail over a shoulder. i'm keeping the straight bangs though, they work for me.

i think you misunderstood her :)  She was talking about layering long hair and how one she doesn't like the one length long hair that can make you end up looking like a rock band singer.
  •  

Lexy711

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on November 09, 2011, 12:10:52 AM
Are you aiming for a hairstyle or just "metal head" hair? Long one length hair is boring and rarely flatters masculine features.

Actually try to grow it into a style. You'll thank me later.

I agree, my stylist told me to layer my hair too, cause one length hair is not a good way to go. I'm wearing extension now but it comes off a lot. I wish my bangs are longer you know, or at least cover my ears then I don't mind going out with short hair. I don't know, like you said men love girls with long hair, and it's very true in my opinion. That's why I'm not that confident at all to go out with short hair. To me, I think long hair just make you look more feminine and helps hide masculine jawline if you have one, I know I do lol

Gosh I love this hair style but my bangs are still too short to go for it :(

•  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Lexy711 on November 10, 2011, 10:18:21 AM
I agree, my stylist told me to layer my hair too, cause one length hair is not a good way to go. I'm wearing extension now but it comes off a lot. I wish my bangs are longer you know, or at least cover my ears then I don't mind going out with short hair. I don't know, like you said men love girls with long hair, and it's very true in my opinion. That's why I'm not that confident at all to go out with short hair. To me, I think long hair just make you look more feminine and helps hide masculine jawline if you have one, I know I do lol

Gosh I love this hair style but my bangs are still too short to go for it :(

Cute style!
  •  

malibukay

omg i have that pic saved on my phone for when my hair is long enough!
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: FullMoon19 on November 10, 2011, 12:21:21 AM

I'm the kind of chic who listens to techno, goes to the beach(when it's not f**** cold), work out, and hit nightclubs.

You do whatever it is you do...

So no, you shouldn't have the same hairstyle as me. People should wear what flatters their face and body and depreciates the masculine features. Hair is not one size fits all.... Especially when you account for different lifestyles.
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

Quote from: Annah on November 10, 2011, 07:34:34 AM
i think you misunderstood her :)  She was talking about layering long hair and how one she doesn't like the one length long hair that can make you end up looking like a rock band singer.

oh, i see. i flat iron my waves, so i don't have that problem.
  •  

Forever21Chic

Biotin helps to grow your hair out faster plus it keeps it looking healthy. I should add that drinking lots of water helps your hair big time and not to mention a healthy diet.  ;)
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Whitney on November 10, 2011, 12:23:38 AMThen again, 'mones have greatly reduced the oiliness of my hair, so I can get away with only washing it once or twice a week. Lots of conditioning though.

Ah! Never gave much thought to this and, Go Figure, i think you'll find *hair everywhere else* will become much easier to deal with too!

Now, after over six years of meds & hair growth, I think you'll *hopefully* also find that you barely need to shave anywhere at all as well!

Cheers
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Quote from: Rukia87xo on November 10, 2011, 05:41:12 PM

Biotin helps to grow your hair out faster plus it keeps it looking healthy. I should add that drinking lots of water helps your hair big time and not to mention a healthy diet.  ;)

This is all very true :)
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

Jen-Jen

I have always had a typical law enforcement/military style flat top with razor fade. I just started growing out my hair in July and its taking forever! Its actually long enough to comb it over now though, but that's still not long enough to style it.  :(  The biggest bummer is I can only grow it up to the top of my shirt collar, per my departments rules and regulations! :( oh well! Guess I'll just have to find a cute feminine short hairstyle. To OP just be patient, it will come soon enough.
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Jen-Jen on November 13, 2011, 02:12:34 PM
I have always had a typical law enforcement/military style flat top with razor fade.

I <3 that style on women. If it's on the right lez...she is so hot. I regret not doing it when I grew out the bald.
  •  

JoanneB

And now something completely different

I've been waiting since I was 8 for my hair to grow out.
I am finally having some luck with my ear canals  ;D
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Tammy Raine

I started growing my hair out at about the age of 19....10 years (OMG)... it was always more along the lines of the metalhead type mop with an undercut. I have given it several big trims over the years and it now comes to the base of my spine, unfortunately with only a few months undercut re-growth. I am psyching myself up for a femenine hairstyle which can be tied back in day to day mode and not give me away until i go full full-time. My first step was dyeing it a very VERY red which has been enough to get me mistaken for a woman even in guy mode... albeit from behind... and at a distance... but it's a start at least. I also use clip in extensions to add layers and bangs when I am out without the male disguise.

any advice on styles?

Tams x
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: JoanneB on November 13, 2011, 08:07:01 PM
And now something completely different

I've been waiting since I was 8 for my hair to grow out.
I am finally having some luck with my ear canals  ;D

OMG I LOL'd...weekly ear trims for me!

Last Dec I had about 1" hair. I usually got a "buzz" cut every 6 months or so to keep it short. (It's a "guy" thing for me). Haven't been near a home-cut kit for almost a year...it's about 6" long now.

I'm thinking by spring 2013 (15 months or so) I'll have the length I want. Will be going to a stylist soon, will ask about a "feminine" style/look, including layering.

Wife tells me the "Farrah Fawcett" look is *sooo* outdated...curled bangs, "wings", etc. I have no idea, so will be asking the stylist about what looks good on me (re: as a woman, height, face shape, etc)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Jen-Jen

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on November 13, 2011, 06:50:36 PM
I <3 that style on women. If it's on the right lez...she is so hot. I regret not doing it when I grew out the bald.
unfortunatly it doesn't make me look feminine or like a hot lez!  Just makes me look masculine :(
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •