Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Dog Ate My Homework - What's Your Excuse?

Started by Julie Marie, March 03, 2007, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

Think of all the excuses you've come up with in life, TG related or not, and post them.  No need to explain what the reason pertains to, just post the excuse.

I had the flu (the day after staying out late)

My grandmother died (again).

My wife would get mad.

People will think I'm weird.

I didn't forget, I was just really busy.

I'd never pass.

My boss gave me a last minute job that had to be done.

I just can't.

What's your excuse?

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Lucy

One I like to use is...

I got stuck on the nineteenth hole.

thats for all you golfers  ;D
  •  

Sheila

I use to manage people and heard a lot of excuses, so, I don't like to use them myself. "Excuses are like A--h---s, everyone has one" I guess I could be hard on some, but when you hear it all the time you get kind of callous to them.
Sheila
  •  

Chaunte

I had just installed LOTUS 1-2-3 on my home PC.  (At the time, Eastman Kodak was using LOTUS, not Excel.)  While running the program I ran into some difficulties so I called the help line.

The woman answered and asked for the product registration code, and I could not find it to save myself!  (Yes, the copy was legal!)  So I told her, "The most common excuse is that my dog ate it, but I also have a 18 month who loves to rip paper.  So, let's combine them and say my daughter ate it."

She laughed - hard! - and we proceded on.

Chaunte
  •  

Dryad

"My bike dropped it's chain." (Showed they greasy hands afterwards. Really easy. Nobody cared I had gears on it, so I cóúld've just geared the chain on again, but hey... I overslept.)

But usually:
"Yes.. My excuse, hey? Well, it's like this: [insert shameful truth here.]" It's just that people get a bit.. Odd when they're suddenly told the truth. I once had a reply like: "You're making this up, right? You didn't sleep through the wake-up call, right?" (Of course I did.) And another: "That's not an excuse! You're supposed to lie!"
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Dryad on March 03, 2007, 05:33:40 PM
"Yes.. My excuse, hey? Well, it's like this: [insert shameful truth here.]" It's just that people get a bit.. Odd when they're suddenly told the truth. I once had a reply like: "You're making this up, right? You didn't sleep through the wake-up call, right?" (Of course I did.) And another: "That's not an excuse! You're supposed to lie!"
It's amazing how the truth throws off people.  LOL

My favorite excuse, since I'm past 55, is simply to say I had a senior moment and then get this far away look in my eye.

The funniest excuse I ever heard was a co-worker didn't want to come in to work one day so he told his wife to call him in sick.  She actually told the supervisor that R. had leukemia but he would be ok tomorrow.

Bev
  •  

David W. Shelton

Well, my favorite excuses are:

"I had a blonde moment." (yes, I'm blonde.)

And then for the rest of us of faith:

"I was praying."

or

"I was waiting on God. He was too busy trying to get Fred Phelps to shut up."
  •  

BeverlyAnn

"I was waiting on God. He was too busy trying to get Fred Phelps to shut up."

Amen to that Brother.

Bev
  •  

Ricki

Who me the perpetual whiner and cryer?
hmm not enough gigobytes on the site alas...
Ricki
  •  

katia

i've been chosen my god,,

god says so

i could never do that, i'm a child of god

get the picture?

•  

Julie Marie

Some of the worst excuses I've ever come up had to do with being TG.  And they were excuses I made to convince myself I couldn't be me.

What if I was in an accident and they saw I had on women's underwear?

Of course that was in another life.  ;)

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •