Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Male to female transsexual talk ....the forum

Started by Ms Bev, March 06, 2007, 08:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bev

Maybe everyone should take note, the description of Male To Female Transsexual talk is:

"A place for male to Female transsexuals to talk about issues they face in their daily lives"

Nowhere in this description do I see an invitation for opinion soap box speeches of the kind I've hated to read so much lately.  What I would rather hear about, is just as the description says.  So................what kinds of things are going on in your life in regard to your mtf identity???
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

Julie Marie

That description can be interpreted in many ways depending on what's going on in a person's daily life.  We all are capable of deciding what we will read and what we won't.  If you don't like it, don't read it.  If it violates the rules, report it. 

No one person should dictate to the rest what should be posted so long as what is posted keeps within the rules.

No disrespect, no challenge, no argument intended

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

katia

Quote from: Bev on March 06, 2007, 08:12:29 PM
Maybe everyone should take note, the description of Male To Female Transsexual talk is:

"A place for male to Female transsexuals to talk about issues they face in their daily lives"

Nowhere in this description do I see an invitation for opinion soap box speeches of the kind I've hated to read so much lately.  What I would rather hear about, is just as the description says.  So................what kinds of things are going on in your life in regard to your mtf identity???

lol , mincing the words, yes?  then let me join you and mince some more;

[A place for male to Female transsexuals to talk about issues they face in their daily lives"]

•  

Stormy Weather

So................what kinds of things are going on in your life in regard to your mtf identity???

Tediously arguing with others on internet forums about the categorisation and exclusion of individuals and the impact that has on the concept of community, and by extension, the wider concept of the civil society... heh.

Seriously? Doing my FFS research for next year's adventure, and beginning the slow bureaucratic process of passport and birth certificate changes. And while doing work at 6am here at home, thinking about what I'll get done to my nails on Saturday.

Let people discuss what they want and let the moderators take the hindmost.  ;)
  •  

Jolene4ever

What's going on in my life as to mtf? When I made the decsion to go on hrt I knew the can of worms I was opening. I knew I would end up divorced,I knew I would end up losing my job because of prejudice and fear, I knew that I would be isolated and taunted, I knew I would be disowned. And in a short 9 months all this has occurred; but with one exception....I didn't commit suicide! And that is where I was headed. One of the things that does help me is a short essay by Max Ehrmann it's called the "Desiderata." Since I don't know how to do links, please just googleit. Whenever people are cruel or heartless I will read it and by the time I get to the end of it I feel calm again and at peace. Jolene
  •  

rhonda13000

Can I assume that you are seeking only that which can be gained via explicit and strictly categorized dialog and rejecting the sometimes vast amount of valuable information which is often gained via implicit communication?

If so, you are doing yourself a disservice.
  •  

Ms Bev

Quote from: rhonda13000 on March 07, 2007, 07:06:37 PM

Can I assume that you are seeking only that which can be gained via explicit and strictly categorized dialog and rejecting the sometimes vast amount of valuable information which is often gained via implicit communication?

If so, you are doing yourself a disservice.

There are 29 forums on Susan's site, all of which are categorized for the very purpose of beginning and continuing threads on topic.  It is never a good policy to make a quick assumption, and then judge in one fell swoop that which may, or may not have been intended.  Better yet, to place your dialog in a forum to which it is best suited.

If you look about, there are forums here that address almost every aspect of gender, identity, and dysphoria.

There are also blogs where one can dazzle and amaze us with their literary abilities, and sometimes, their intelligence.

There is something here for almost everyone.  My personal objection, is using a forum to battle personal opinion and semantics of who deserves, or does not deserve to be called by what term, according to what they think the the criteria should be.

Okay....enough.  I hereby humbly request that we start the "Dead Horse Forum", and everyone interested may take up a stick, a crop, or a quill, and have at it.

Bev

1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

SusanKay140

From Bev, Posted on: Yesterday at 09:22:45 PM
QuoteOkay....enough.  I hereby humbly request that we start the "Dead Horse Forum", and everyone interested may take up a stick, a crop, or a quill, and have at it.

Is there enough memory storage to handle all that in one forum?

There's nothing wrong with a good soapbox speech.  Of course I've never delivered a bad one, and rarely heard (or read) a good one.   >:D  And of course that's the rub, we all want our two cents worth of dialog time, to talk about those issues that we face in our daily life.  I hope we never compartmentalize this site so much that it's like an electronic electric fence between the many different and varied people here, zapping anyone who strays across the lines.  If this is too much a soapbox production for anyone, remember, this is not television, you don't have to change the channel - merely move ahead.  I guess you can even tell the system to ignore the soapboxer .... NOOO, click!

Susan Kay

•  

Omika

Quote from: Stormy Weather on March 07, 2007, 12:18:15 AM
Tediously arguing with others on internet forums about the categorisation and exclusion of individuals and the impact that has on the concept of community, and by extension, the wider concept of the civil society... heh.

Stormy, allow me to buy you ice cream someday.

~ Blair
  •  

Stormy Weather

Quote from: Blair on March 08, 2007, 03:58:01 AM
Stormy, allow me to buy you ice cream someday.

Can I have 2 scoops? Chocolate and mint, thanks.  :P

What else is going down in this T zone of mine? Wondering whether to discharge myself from the Gender Identity Clinic as I'm now apparently 'cured', wondering whether to return to counselling on prosaic work/life balance matters, wondering how to go meeting up with my Dad who I haven't seen for over a decade...

...wondering how the hell I'm going to meet someone I can share the rest of my life with...

...and more mundanely, also wondering just how much electrolysis is enough; stray hairs need seeing to even after all these years.

The Dead Horse Forum sounds excellent, though. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. ;)
  •  

Omika

Quote from: Stormy Weather on March 08, 2007, 01:38:03 PM
Can I have 2 scoops? Chocolate and mint, thanks.  :P

Those are my flavorite!

And I wouldn't sweat the details too much.  Things always have a way of working out, even when you don't expect it.

~ Blair
  •  

Melissa

I use the MTF Transsexual forum when I want to discuss something whose audience is only MTF Transsexuals regardless of the topic.  Don't forget even soapbox speeches can be about an issue that has been on somebody's mind in their daily life.

Melissa
  •  

Steph

Bev it is true the the child boards "MtF and FtM Transsexual talk" are discribed as you have stated, but the the parent board "Transsexual talk" is discribed as follows:

QuoteA general discussion forum for transsexuals.

So as long as the topic has something to do with transsexuality and stays within the rules then it's ok.  Also any discussion that makes us step back and think, or stand up and speak our minds is good for the community.  Stiffling such discourse benefits no one, we should not be afraid to challenge anything.

Maybe mods can start looking more closely at the the child boards and move topics that don't fit the "daily lives" obligation to the parent board.

Steph
  •