Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Why is it I feel so often on the side of guys, and girl BS ticking me off?

Started by AbraCadabra, November 15, 2011, 05:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbraCadabra

Just been re-watching Sex & the City, (season 6) when Carry and Burger have all these arguments...

I think they well thought out scenarios, and I really cringe at the girl BS-stuff, not that the guy stuff is so much better though, but still.

Am I still that much 'male' oriented to see so clearly what wants to go for girl emancipation is so often more neurotic then actually emancipated...?

Any MtFs want to chip in - or for that matter FtMs if there is a reverse to my perception.

It's so fitting the perception:
untempered-female posing/demands => noxious
untempered-male posing/demands => obnoxious
something I just took note of this morning...

somewhat puzzled...
Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Axélle on November 15, 2011, 05:46:59 AMI think they well thought out scenarios, and I really cringe at the girl BS-stuff, not that the guy stuff is no much better though, but still.

Ah! Tell me about it. Can't stand some of my daughter's friends and 12 yr old son Matt is fast becoming an male activist. Now ya hittin at the heart of the real matter Axelle, why JUST PERHAPS we're TS in the first place?  ALL THINGS GENDER WAR is counter-productive and we, as "cross over" individuals being almost counter-intuitive, are creating yet a "third gender" that somehow bridges the best, not the worst as there's certainly plenty of that already, of genders both!

"Think like a man but act like a lady?"

There's plenty of precedent for "a trans political purpose in nature"; just google & read the "Old & New Testaments" and ask yourself what was one of the many functions in society that "eunuchs", castrated and often otherwise very effeminate "non-males", performed?

" The Problem " ( i use on-line version(s) here )
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

mixie

I think like a man.   Nearly every website I've gone to I've been referred to as a HE based on my posting style.

Here's an interesting personality test

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I come out as an INTP.   Very rare in the world and only 25% of those who come out as INTP are women.  I tend to think more logically and less emotionally.  I also have no patience for trifling female drama.   :laugh:
  •  

AbraCadabra

Well, I did this one 'quickie' , suggested by Mixie - below are the results...

You are (Axelle):
- moderately expressed introvert

- distinctively expressed intuitive personality

- slightly expressed thinking personality

- slightly expressed judging personality

I doubt if that would make ME an INTP (INTPs are one of the rarest types, accounting for about 1–5% of the population), also since my IQ (145) is not all that high -bless it- and I mean that, since very high IQ folks are most often uncomfortably isolated in their heads... :-)

But I must say, those two posts make me feel not too alone in being female brain AND body (post-op MtF) and yet not tuned into some of the more noxious female unreasonable behaviours (BS).
They are often SO obvious, it is amazing how the person expressing them can not notice what they are doing...

Finally, to come of my high horse - I guess I well may do some of just that too --- as we seem to judge our own behaviour often less rational, than that of others :-)

Well, still typical 'girl-BS' does tick me off - as it's so blatantly obvious (to me) how counter productive it is how it affects their male partners or male audience.

Axelle

•  

AbraCadabra

Mixie,
;-) you do make me giggle by the certainness you tell me I'm INTJ.
That would be a statement that could come straight from myself like that - no BS, bang there you go. Take it or leave it – or... give me some valid reasons why I'm supposed to have it wrong.

I do tend to mellow it (age?), though often not enough, and it can get peoples' hackles up at times, oh yes.
I'm sure you know exactly what I mean, since you sound nothing less then INTJ yourself - right?

Well, it is one most refreshing thing (this far), having interacted with such an unusual natal female mind-set, most refreshing in deed.
I'm VERY certain my dear mother was one too – is it genetic?

Yet, since we (INTJs) are known to be not that 'adapt' at Realtionship-Schmus it makes me wonder for how long it might be maintained (the refreshing thing) – I'm hearing warning bells, you are a toughie, um :-)

Now let me say thank you for having put my nose onto this notion/idea.
Reading the article link) I do see myself VERY much like that - you do seem to have very high intuition powers.
Those few exceptions I note to the outline, might simply be just self deception - we, most of us, still remain hostage to :-)
Note: Self-deception is one of the highest developed skill-sets in humans...

Thank you,
Axelle
  •  

Chloe

QuoteYour Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences % 
67 25 12 22
lol ok i'll bite! What's the  . . . never mind found it! Get the impression i'm VERY Introverted ? ? Suppose so my psych report says "hard to get to know" . . . ( among other things like inordinately "approval seeking" for age)

Quote from: mixie on November 15, 2011, 08:08:39 AMI come out as an INTP.   
mixie, what's THAT ?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Lily

I can't relate in any sense to the way women are portrayed in media, but among the people I've known in the real world I tend to be more understanding of the woman's side. I guess it's just that I don't know anyone who acts like a TV character.
  •  

AbraCadabra

* I guess it's just that I don't know anyone who acts like a TV character. *

No idea if I attract those 'special cases' but I do know lots of type "Desperate House Wives" in fact most ggs I happen to know fit the one or the other character portrayed.

Most of the other idiotic soaps I refuse to watch in any case, and there I could only agree with you. Those folks portrayed are just too unreal :-)

Axelle

•  

mixie

Hey Axelle   

I'm glad you like it but I'm no guru I just translated your results

QuoteYou are (Axelle):
- moderately expressed introvert    I is for Introvert

- distinctively expressed intuitive personality N is for Intuitive

- slightly expressed thinking personality  T is for Thinking

- slightly expressed judging personality     J is for Judging

Also Introverted doesn't mean introverted the way society uses the word.  It means someone who trusts their inner view of the world more than the external view of the world.  I would imagine most transsexuals are Introverted because of the boldness it takes to transition and trust who you know yourself to be.

Introverts can be social butterflies as well.  It's not about being shy,  it's about trusting yourself.  Introverts are adverse to peer pressure.  Doesn't work too well on us.

All you need to do to find the description of the type is to type the letters into Google.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html

I'm basically an absent minded professor type.  I am intrigued by philosophy and patterns in things.    I dress like a slob and forget and lose things all the time.

•  

AbraCadabra

Thanks hon,
you sure are one interesting chat person. Could spend HOURS with you as it appears :-)
Going from Socrates, Plato to Nietzsche, Schopenhauer and, and, and.
Oh, and how about H. Kissinger and his "Diplomacy" something there to learn for INTJ - methinks :-)

Axelle
  •  

Sarah Louise

Its a television show, what else would you expect from them.  They want people to watch, they will write whatever they think will make that happen.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

AbraCadabra

Ah well, all this TV-soap-crap may make us feel like some t-supremacists?

Something always good for something else... :-)

Yet, girl-BS *still* ticks me off not just on TV mind you. Must be in my nature, Mixies' INTJ analysis pointed to.

Axelle
PS: "Life's a Bitch...especially when you can't remember where your left-side brain has gone..."

•  

Felix

everybody's house is haunted
  •  

AbraCadabra

•