Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I have an appointment with a transgender psychiatrist

Started by Emily Ray, November 14, 2011, 11:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily Ray

I have been having many problems with my medical care at the VA and so I went on to search for a more transgender aware psychiatrist. I am so lucky to live here in minneapolis because I was able to find one just a mile and a half away. Tomorrow morning I will be meeting her for the first time and I am so excited that I might actually have a provider that I won't need to educate about transgender issues. I will keep you informed of how it goes for me

Huggs

Emily
  •  

jesse

like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

Emily Ray

I never really expected that I would ever enjoy a visit with a psychiatrist, but I did. It was so nice to not have to worry about being judged or have my words twisted. She looked through my progress notes from my VA medical record that I brought with me to my appointment and it really upset her with how the VA had been treating me. She did more for me in the forty minutes I met with her than everyone at the VA achieved in 10 months. She restored my faith that I can get better!

In the best mood in this year!

Emily
  •  

kelly_aus

Good to hear that things went well for you.. A therapist who knows what they are doing is a real help..
  •