Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

SRS deadline with Insurance?

Started by tunak, November 19, 2011, 05:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunak

0000 :)
  •  

MeghanAndrews

Hi Trista,
It would totally be possible but you need to get started NOW! Hopefully you already have a surgeon picked out that they cover. You'll have to find one who cauterizes the hair during SRS. You should find surgeons with dates you can do and make sure you are getting letters. I think most letter you pencil in but require letters and deposit to book. Maybe knowing it's insurance will sweeten the procedure for the doc. I know many insurance co. pay surgeons top dollars. I know in LA, Dr. Gary Alter accepts most insurances and I've heard he gets paid well for SRS :) Good luck, I'm excited for you. It seems like just yesterday when you posted your first youtube video :) Meghan
  •  

MeghanAndrews

Is there any way you can extend your insurance with COBRA for like 6 extra months? The money you'd put into COBRA might be worth the extra time to get electro + find surgeon + letters, etc,
  •  

Arch

I would say to just assume that you only have the nine months, and see if you can put everything in place. If you wind up needing COBRA for a few months to cover a follow-up surgery or revision months after the initial procedure, is it better to blow a couple thou and take care of everything now than to wait years and pay full price out of your own pocket later? I don't know what your financial situation is.

You might find another policy later that covers you, but now seems like a good idea if you have the time and can arrange everything.

"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

AmySmiles

I've been told the cauterizing doesn't always get all the hair so I'm planning on having electro done down there beforehand.  I know Dr. McGinn's clinic does this because she requires that electro be done beforehand.  It apparently takes about 6 months (4 hours once a month) and you have the option of getting some pretty nice anesthesia that will eliminate any pain.

It's better to ask your surgeon though as there are some who prefer you don't have it done.  Not sure why that would be though.
  •  

paulault55

Your first priority is to select a surgeon who takes your insurance, and lock in a date,  i know Dr. Bowers takes insurance, as does Dr. Leis and a few others, Dr. Mcginn my surgeon does not, it did not matter as my insurance does not cover any GID surgeries, you need to select a surgeon soon if you want to make the 9 month window.

As far as hair removal down below, some surgeons recommend it and some say not to do get it, my surgeon recommended it so i did about 8 laser sessions and was fairly clear when i had my surgery, i would have had electrolysis if i could have found someone to do it, you need to discuss this when you have a consult, a friend went to my surgeon and had no hair removal and it was not a problem.

Paula

I am a Mcginn Girl May 9 2011
  •