Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

New forum for body art?

Started by Jeneva, November 16, 2011, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeneva

What about a new forum for body art underneath general discussions (like pets and creatures).  There is a new tattoo thread periodically, but they fade away under the volume of other messages in generalized forums.  Body art works better than tattoos since it includes piercings too.  If we have a dedicated forum, then the important topics don't get lost since even if not stickied, that forum would be lower volume.  Also in a sub forum, the people that don't like piercings or tattoo's don't have to view the thread and it may cut down on negative posts.

It might be handy to have a set of sticky threads with piercing or tattoo aftercare, or even specialized piercing aftercare for oral vs external.  Those stickies would be out of place in a general forum, but would fit right into a specialized one like this proposal.  It would be a nice place for people to see examples of different types of piercings.  Recommendations on different tattoo salves, gauging recommendations, piercing sprays, etc. It would be a place to talk about pain levels with piercing X vs Y.  Of course we'll need a show off thread for both piercings and tattoos.  And then people can ask for input and refinement on a potential tattoo design.  The leg sleeve I'm working on now has been through hours of back and forth discussions about what if we change this or tweak that and has come out SO much better because of it.  Sometimes people have a concept, but can't get the symbolism right.  Talking about the why a specific tattoo is important or what it represents is a good way to share a bit of insight into another person so they aren't just a name on a screen.

Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •  

Devlyn

I hope you get your forum, I give your presentation an A+!
  •  

Jayr

Wait a minute. I've seen that tattoo before.
Aren't you on transqueernation??
I started the Body Art group on there :D

Quote from: Tracey on November 17, 2011, 11:45:55 AM
I hope you get your forum

I hope you do too!
+1

•  

Jeneva

Yes I have an account there too. I've had this one for a long time. My account name should be the same on both (Jeneva is my legal first name now)

I took a long vacation from here because I felt stalled and it was hurting to see others progress. Several months ago I felt good again and when I saw the Facebook invite for TQNation I joined. After being on there for a while I decided to start back here too since there are more women on this site and it is much higher volume.

That group is why I asked for a similar forum here actually.

My profile picture is just part of my current WIP leg sleeve.  When I had gotten the first Fae colored my wife used it as her FB profile pic, so when I had the other one colored I started using it to match. They represent us both so it was somewhat fitting.
Blessed Be!

Jeneva Caroline Samples
  •