Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How Do You Post Pictures On A Topic?

Started by Kentrie, September 14, 2011, 02:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentrie

Can someone please tell me how I can post pictures.
Push it baby, push it baby, out of control, I got my gun cocked tight and I'm ready to blow. ;)
  •  

JungianZoe

First you need to store your pictures somewhere online, be it a personal website, Photobucket, Flickr, wherever.

Then you need to put a link to the picture in between image tags, which you can either type out as (img)link.jpg(/img)  (but replace ( ) with [ ] ) or, you can hit the button right above the typing window that looks like the Mona Lisa:

(Quote this post if you want to see how that was done, so you can see the message as I typed it)
  •  

Kentrie

Push it baby, push it baby, out of control, I got my gun cocked tight and I'm ready to blow. ;)
  •  

Amaranth

I'll try to make it a bit simpler...join a site like photobucket.com (there are others, it's up to you)...then find the file of the pic you want and upload it to the site.  After it appears online, go to it and you'll find under it something that says "embed", next to a box filled with a long code.  Copy and paste this code into a post, and preview it.  The image should show up.
  •  

JungianZoe

^^^^^

What Amy said! ;D

Here's a link to a picture:

http://www.theforestatnight.com/oldart/Budgie05.jpg

That's similar to the URL you'll find after you post your image to some form of image hosting site.  Now you need to take a link like that and put it between image tags so it looks like this:

[img]http://www.theforestatnight.com/oldart/Budgie05.jpg[/img]

And you'll come up with something that looks like this:

•  

Annah

•  

Kinkly

Does this work for pic's stored on facebook? Or is there something else I need to do?
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

Annah

Quote from: Kinkly on November 22, 2011, 06:55:36 AM
Does this work for pic's stored on facebook? Or is there something else I need to do?

just save the pic from facebook and put it on imageshack
  •  

Kristyn74

Quote from: Annah on September 14, 2011, 06:09:17 PM

Hey Annah...14 cents a day...to feed the cat?to pay for anti biting lessons?

Kristyn
  •  

Padma

You can post images directly from facebook (as I did above :)) - the trick is to get the image up on your browser as the main photo showing, and then right-click on it and choose "copy image location" (or whatever your browser's equivalent is) from the contextual menu.

Then you paste that copied url between the img /img tags in your post here (as has been explained by others above), and the image will display in your post.

Oh, PS: I didn't choose that image as a comment on previous posts, it's just the first one that came up in my facebook Wall Posts gallery, and one of my favourites from XKCD :).
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Kinkly

Thanks I had worked it out doing what you said, Padma after trying a few different things.
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •