Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I don't get it..

Started by Cody Jensen, January 25, 2011, 06:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody Jensen

Quote from: Bishounen on November 14, 2011, 09:34:17 AM

Josh T: Understood.:)
The reasons why females puts down other females could be anything, really. Jealousy, competition, or bad personal experiences with a certain gender, in this case females. Sexism is not genderbound and females can be misogynists aswell, just as males can be misandrists too, usually caused by bad experiences whereafter the person do the misstake of applying those past experiences upon a complete folkgroup; In other words, guilt by association, which is one of the main reasons why there is so much hatred in this World.

Ah. I see. Well thanks for clearing things up for me man :)
Derp

"I just don't know what went wrong!"
  •  

fionabell

Men are twice as bitchy as women! It's just not socially acceptable to say it!
  •  

Ayden

When I was in 'girl mode', I noticed a lot of the same things. but when I hang out with my guy friends, they will point to another guy and say 'he's a douche' or something along those lines.

I think a lot of it is just how people are socialized to behave. I was always told that I had to behave in a certain way in order to establish my place in society and to keep my husband. Women are told that every other woman is out to get your man, your job, etc. Every man is told that he has to be this perfect representation of what 'man' means or he's not really a man.

I don't get it either. I am totally happy to just be myself and let others feel however they want. But I will say that when I was in girl mode I did feel that I had to fit into the sterotypical female role. Be jealous, be catty, be over the top in how I acted just so I could fit in. I can say that once I realized I didn't have to do those things I felt much better. I think it is probably the same thing for men. If you are not tough enough, strong enough, muscled enough then you don't really fit in. It's kind of sad really.
  •  

Cody Jensen

Quote from: Ayden on November 18, 2011, 01:29:54 PM
When I was in 'girl mode', I noticed a lot of the same things. but when I hang out with my guy friends, they will point to another guy and say 'he's a douche' or something along those lines.

I think a lot of it is just how people are socialized to behave. I was always told that I had to behave in a certain way in order to establish my place in society and to keep my husband. Women are told that every other woman is out to get your man, your job, etc. Every man is told that he has to be this perfect representation of what 'man' means or he's not really a man.

I don't get it either. I am totally happy to just be myself and let others feel however they want. But I will say that when I was in girl mode I did feel that I had to fit into the sterotypical female role. Be jealous, be catty, be over the top in how I acted just so I could fit in. I can say that once I realized I didn't have to do those things I felt much better. I think it is probably the same thing for men. If you are not tough enough, strong enough, muscled enough then you don't really fit in. It's kind of sad really.

This. This exactly. I think this goes for both genders, not just women. Boy oh boy can I not wait until I get out of my female "role" and be able to be myself.
Derp

"I just don't know what went wrong!"
  •