Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The pro-war Thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, November 12, 2011, 01:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahsa Tezani

•  

Devlyn

That's my favorite card game in the world! It does take a long time to play, though. Shouldn't this thread be in "Fun and Games" rather than "Politics?" Hugs, Tracey
  •  

emoxon

I'm interested in war, though that's not quite the same thing.
  •  

Devlyn

Interested in what way? I find the machinery of the battlefield fascinating. I admire the technology and destructive power of the satellites, airplanes, tanks, and weaponry in general. My friend is a history buff and military collector. His house is full of flags, helmets, bayonets, uniforms, etc. He hoards WWII items mainly, especially Japanese stuff. He has all sorts of Rising Sun flags.
  •  

Mara

Yeah. Low Rider is an awesome song. Cisco Kid is good too.
  •  

cynthialee

Like all former and curent soldiers I deplore war.
However...
The world is no longer a place with primative weapons and limited effective areas of deployment of forces.
Now we are in a time with the weapons available to mankind can put the ability to wipe out entire nations off the face of the earth in the hands of anyone with a weapons development program and a national budget to pay for it.
Biological weapons capable of consuming a lions share of the earths population are in arsenals.
Chemical weapons that can wipe out entire cities have been developed.

We must play it like Philip would. Divide and conquor. Play the worlds powers against eachother and at the crucial moment strike and strike with all the fury of a resolved and resolute people. Deprive the worlds nations the ability to wage war and forge a world wide government.
The ability to wage war must be denied to those who do not bow to the same masters as we do.
It is not a matter of right or wrong. It is simple survival mathmatics.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: cynthialee on November 12, 2011, 11:57:55 PM
Like all former and curent soldiers I deplore war.
However...
The world is no longer a place with primative weapons and limited effective areas of deployment of forces.
Now we are in a time with the weapons available to mankind can put the ability to wipe out entire nations off the face of the earth in the hands of anyone with a weapons development program and a national budget to pay for it.
Biological weapons capable of consuming a lions share of the earths population are in arsenals.
Chemical weapons that can wipe out entire cities have been developed.

We must play it like Philip would. Divide and conquor. Play the worlds powers against eachother and at the crucial moment strike and strike with all the fury of a resolved and resolute people. Deprive the worlds nations the ability to wage war and forge a world wide government.
The ability to wage war must be denied to those who do not bow to the same masters as we do.
It is not a matter of right or wrong. It is simple survival mathmatics.

Nuke the moon! Sick of it not giving me its cheese...
  •  

Michelle.

Life in general has been an ongoing war even before life itself began. I don't think were going to change overnight that which has been a driving force for the last couple of billion years.

That and I would rather die on my feet than serve on my knees.

Now, dumb wars are another story. Unjust wars are bad as well.

But sometimes a society faces a threat so grave, it would be suicide not to have a standing army all the time.
  •  

Felix

SMASH IT ALL UP! YAY! BOOOOOOOOM!!!
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Lepidoptera

War? Huh! Good God, y'all, what is it good for?
  •  

Michelle.

Ridding the world of the Nazis for starters.
  •  

Lepidoptera

•  

Devlyn

War! Huuh! Good God y'all, what is it good for?
  •  

Michelle.

•  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Michelle. on November 20, 2011, 01:11:17 AM
Founding of America.

That oughta teach the British for taxing us on earl grey tea.

We need a second revolution to abolish taxes and send those red coats back to New England.
  •  

Devlyn

Hey! We already ran the Redcoats out of New England, don't send them back!
  •  

stldrmgrl

I support the cause for our most current war.  I support the United States military and the funding it receives.  I support each and every individual man and woman who serves in our military.  Though I do have some disagreements with certain aspects of our military, which I do not care to elaborate on as my opinion will not change a thing, we still have one hell of a military.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Tracey on November 20, 2011, 05:25:34 AM
Hey! We already ran the Redcoats out of New England, don't send them back!

Bush needed to go after Paul and Ringo if you ask me.
  •