Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Tea time!

Started by Tracey, November 11, 2011, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Confesssion: I'm a coffee drinker, but I decided to try tea. I bought some store brand teabags, and I like it. Now I know nothing about buying or making it, but I'll bet that cheap stuff I bought is swill, and there are tricks involved. Educate me on the fine art of tea. Thank, hugs, Tracey
  •  

Constance

Mostly, I just drink Dynasty Oolong and Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger.

Felix

I cook with and drink green tea. I would advise you to avoid gunpowder tea, even though it's often cheaper. Also, if you end up cooking with it, be careful with generic brands. You can chip your teeth on the sand and debris they tend to contain.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Devlyn

Felix, I like being confused, too, but gunpowder tea? Sounds like it could be fun!
  •  

eli77

I prefer straight Assam teas, though Twinings English Breakfast will do in a pinch. The main things to remember for black tea are: the water absolutely HAS to be boiling, one cup of water per tablespoon of loose leaf or tea bag, and remove the tea from the water after 3-4 mins or you'll ruin it.
  •  

Tuatha

There's a place here called David's Tea (I think it's a chain but I'm from Canada and I don't know how wide-spread it is, if it is a chain) that sells loose tea, and they have *loads* of different kinds. If you're wanting to get serious about tea, I'd recommend finding a place similar to that that sells loose tea and all you'll need is a tea strainer thingie (can't remember what the actual name for it is) that you put the loose tea into and it works like a tea bag, I have a metal one. I really love earl grey tea, especially the one I get from David's Tea. I'm a coffee drinker too but tea is my secret mistress :)
  •