Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Just curiosity. How is it to pee after surgery?

Started by Medusa, September 03, 2011, 02:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Sarah

Just curious myself about this one. I can never remember standing for any performance. I've always been seated and have let it out until there is no more. No touching ,squeezing or anything like that. If anything, I just exercise the pelvic floor muscle to ensure no dribbles.

Would this mean that I should have no problem in adapting to my new plumbing when it comes?

Thanks for your consideration, I trust you are all safe, well and happy
Lotsa luv
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: CatherineSarah on November 04, 2011, 10:26:37 AM
Just curious myself about this one. I can never remember standing for any performance. I've always been seated and have let it out until there is no more. No touching ,squeezing or anything like that. If anything, I just exercise the pelvic floor muscle to ensure no dribbles.

Would this mean that I should have no problem in adapting to my new plumbing when it comes?

Yes honey, that's what I'd say it means.

Also you are a lot younger then e.g. I am, with my previous male plumbing issues now gone, what more can I say?

All the women, eight, at PIH during my stay, came out just fine in this department - because most all (excl. SA's SBAH) gender surgeons actually seem to know what they are doing these days. Good for you :-)

Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Guantanamera

Quote from: FairyGirl on September 03, 2011, 06:35:23 PM
like Sandy said it's easier.  You don't have to "pull" at all.  In fact, my surgeon told me this is not healthy to even try because it can cause UTI's.  Instead you just sit there till it stops, lol

Is that only for us trans girls, or does the law of pee gravity apply to natal women as well?
  •  

rosetyler

Yep, natal/cis women just sit there till it stops.
Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.   :)
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: FairyGirl on September 03, 2011, 07:35:23 pm
like Sandy said it's easier.  You don't have to "pull" at all.  In fact, my surgeon told me this is not healthy to even try because it can cause UTI's.  Instead you just sit there till it stops, lol

Hove no idea what "pull" is sposed to mean in this context... like pull what?! Your LIPS??? Joking, eh?

You can press, so it (urin) comes out harder just like any male can and queeze shut just like (most) males can.

The queezing shut be like the 'Kegel exercise' of: "squeeze 1,2,3,4,5, relax - queeze 1,2,3, ...."
Now try do this a few times a day and your bf will thank you - so long you don't completely squash his member when you 'show' him when inside you:-)

Axelle

•  

Guantanamera

Quote from: Axélle on November 18, 2011, 10:41:32 PM

The queezing shut be like the 'Kegel exercise' of: "squeeze 1,2,3,4,5, relax - queeze 1,2,3, ...."
Now try do this a few times a day and your bf will thank you - so long you don't completely squash his member when you 'show' him when inside you:-)

Axelle

I know that kegels are supposed to make you 'tighter,' but do you know the biological process behind that? I've never really had it explained to me.
  •  

rosetyler

Quote from: Axélle on November 18, 2011, 10:41:32 PM
Hove no idea what "pull" is sposed to mean in this context... like pull what?!
I have no idea either.  I mean, I can kinda imagine how such a thing would be done with male anatomy, but...not with female plumbing.
Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.   :)
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: Guantanamera on November 18, 2011, 11:28:37 PM
I know that kegels are supposed to make you 'tighter,' but do you know the biological process behind that? I've never really had it explained to me.

The "bio-process" be using your pelvic floor muscle to squeeze your anus and if you have one, your vj, or some related "valve" to shut off urine flow in a male and make his errect penis jump up :-) BTW, also used during male ejaculation.

If you are having an orgasm it contracts those muscles automatically - if you have vaginal intercourse and squeeze with your man inside, he feels like being firmly gripped (opposite of "throwing his slipper down Oxford street" :-) --- and it feels nice, obviously!
Some males will come on this action alone, some girls do too, with no need to have anyone or anything inside one's vj at all...

Axelle
  •  

FairyGirl

Quote from: rosetyler on November 19, 2011, 12:14:29 AM
I have no idea either.  I mean, I can kinda imagine how such a thing would be done with male anatomy, but...not with female plumbing.

Well that's just it, you can't do such a thing with female plumbing.  I was however referring to the "squeezing it off" thing, my doctor told me it's not good for girls to even try that as it can cause problems.

Quote from: CatherineSarah on November 04, 2011, 10:26:37 AM
If anything, I just exercise the pelvic floor muscle to ensure no dribbles.

Exercising the muscles to ensure no dribbles doesn't work in any case; you're going to dribble, it's a fact of female anatomy.  It's not coming out the end of a spout anymore, but from between your labia.  Rather than squeeze the muscles, it's better to just completely relax them until you're done dribbling then wipe yourself off lol.  No pelvic muscles required, which I think answers the original post.  ;)
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: FairyGirl on November 19, 2011, 05:20:21 AM
Well that's just it, you can't do such a thing with female plumbing.  I was however referring to the "squeezing it off" thing, my doctor told me it's not good for girls to even try that as it can cause problems.

Exercising the muscles to ensure no dribbles doesn't work in any case; you're going to dribble, it's a fact of female anatomy.  It's not coming out the end of a spout anymore, but from between your labia.  Rather than squeeze the muscles, it's better to just completely relax them until you're done dribbling then wipe yourself off lol.  No pelvic muscles required, which I think answers the original post.  ;)

Actually, males and females have the same sphincter muscle at the lower end of the bladder.  That is the muscle that you control to start and stop urination.

The urine passes through the sphincter down the ureter and exits the body.  The "pull" that has been talked about is the flexing of the bladder sphincter.  This flexing may cause a compression of the bladder and allow a bit of additional urine to pass.

Women drip and dribble more because of the urine that may collect in the folds of the labia minora and majora and surrounding hair.

Following major surgery where a catheter is involved there may be some residual incontinence in males and females due to the catheter tube stretching the bladder sphincter.  It has been recommended that post surgical people exercise that bladder sphincter during urination to strengthen the sphincter muscle and reduce incontinence.

Some older women may experience chronic incontinence due to repeated childbirth where the sphincter loses muscle tone.  They are also advised to exercise this same way.  This helps reduce the "When I sneeze, I pee" syndrome.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: FairyGirl on November 19, 2011, 05:20:21 AM

Thank you so much FairyGirl, that does answer my original question.

I really appreciate the effort you put in to answering such fundamental questions.   I'm beginning to believe the only real similarity between men and women is; we both breathe.    Everything else has it's own unique nuance. And at this time of life, represents an amazing exponential phase of learning, or more to the point; relearning a lifetime of acquired skills.

I'm now taking dance lessons again; to "unlearn" everything I know, and learn how to dance backwards. Funny how easy it is!!    I never really danced well in the male role in any case.   I think I was always subconsciously expecting to be lead.

Thanks, once again.

Be safe, well and happy
Lotsa luv
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

FairyGirl

After my surgery when I was just figuring out this pee thing, my surgeon Dr. McGinn told me that squeezing the muscle or sphincter or whatever to stop the flow was bad because it could lead to UTI's.  She told me that because I asked her that very question.  I was speaking from my own experience about not flexing anything and just letting it flow until it stops - sort of like opening the drain and leaving it open until the sink is empty.  I do find it much easier now with the new plumbing, less restriction due to a shorter drain pipe so to speak lol.  There was just so much about having that damn hose that I despised.
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

MiaSakura

Using the bathroom post-op is probably one of the most scary and odd things for me to think about.  I'm probably just being weird.
  •  

AbraCadabra

MiaSakura,
honey if you gotta go, you gotta go!
Never mind not pinching, nor pulling, or what not.

The only thing is, your brain seem to remember (for some time) that urine came out more up front - now it comes out somewhere in back, and the surroundings still numb post-op for some time.
So you pee and are almost surprised something is coming out - but you can hear the splash. To hear that splash really FEELS good, like all is in order... :-)

I'm exactly 2 month post-op now and things are getting more normalized by the day.

Axelle
  •  

MiaSakura

•  

Steffi

(I'm 15 months post-op, U.K. and NHS)

I just posted on this HERE
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)
I started out with nothing..... and I still have most of it left.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Thank you Steffi,
For a most interesting article and expression. I'd be very interested in knowing how many post op's have a similar situation; and what is the remedy.

There is an absolute plethora of nuances that come with this new territory. I'm surprised some of the trail blazers haven't written a book on it. I'm sure it would end up on the New York Times list of top 10 sellers, in the first week.

If you choose the path of the GP as suggested in one of the replies; I'd be interested in knowing how the issue is resolved. I'm headed in this direction myself at the moment and it would be helpful to know whether I need to discuss this issue with the "builder" prior to the refurbishments. I had my "wiring" done a long time ago, and have always remained seated throughout every performance, so the "letting down" exercise is pretty well standard operating procedure. It's just that after the renovations the plumbing will be further south than is currently positioned.

Having said that, in retrospect, when I was originally built, I was a show home budget model and my tap fittings at best only extended no more than 1.5 inches from the tile work. To the extent, in winter the tap is flush mount. So whether that has any bearing on the renovations I have absolutely no idea.

Be safe, well and happy.
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

•  

AbraCadabra

Cathy,
reading Steffi's article, some I can relate to some not quite so much.

I'm into my 3rd month post-op and thing are still 'evolving' plus it seems to make a difference if one pees just after e.g. dilating or after having been sitting for some time - say in a car seat during a longer journey.

I can happen that pee likes to 'creep up' the thigh and/or in the direction of the anus, in particular when not leaning forward!
I left the article to read with a gg friend - and got no comment...
So - it may be all just how things are?

Therefore! Lean forward until you hear the stream hit the water in the pan and just let it FLOW uninterruptedly. This is in some ways a bit different to male-plumbing being a bit more forgiving on ones sitting position, but it will become second nature and all be just fine :-)

Axélle
  •  

jaymie

I have not started my journey to transition and am still not out, but want to thank you for the info.  For me, peeing is a source of great source of my feelings of body dysmorphia.  It is always there to remind me I'm not a cis-female.  Nice to know that things seem to be a little more intune with how I feel they should be.  It all sounds more natural and normal.  I know that may sound weird, but I see it as just one more piece of evidence that my brain doesn't match my body.  Once again thanks for sharing.
Jaymie
  •  

Sandy2012

Quote from: Medusa on September 03, 2011, 02:08:17 PM
How is it to pee after surgery?
Sorry for strange question, but I'm curious, it come to my mind when I was at toilet yesterday and I must to know  ;D
Especially that finish "pull" to squeeze what remain in urethra

Messy..

You can't really control it much.  Sometimes it's no big deal, some times it climbs up your butt cheeks in defiance of gravity, sometimes it sprays over the seat onto the floor.  It goes where it goes.
As for sensation, well, I don't know.  It feels perfectly normal to me, I mean, it doesn't feel weird or alien in any way.  I don't really think about how it feels, I'm always focused on trying to rock myself around to ~try~ and direct it downwards as much as possible.  One thing I do is I purchase a LARGE package of baby wipes every month.  I keep kitty clean!  I dab at it with TP then I take a baby wipe and really mop it up, all around and inside too.  I'm just weird about that..  I just really believe in keeping it super clean and I take the extra time to ensure that it is..

I'll tell you this though, it's a lot more work now.  You have to drop the drawers, sit, pee, clean up, get your drawers back on, wash your hands, etc..
Guys have it easy, they can just whip it out, pee and walk off.  Most of them don't bother to wash their hands even.

Sometimes I wish I could do that when I'm feeling super lazy or in a big hurry.  But oh well...  This is better in the end.  It's the way it should have always been...
Getting used to it is a snap.  I mean, like what choice do you have?  There's only one way to pee and it's sitting down now, for the rest of your life.
I tried to pee standing in the shower once, just to see if I could make a stream.  Um, no....  Just a torrent down the legs.  That experiment was all full of fail...  ::)
  •