Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadelineB

Quote from: DianaP on October 06, 2012, 11:52:54 AM
Spongebob, violating the laws of physics and dumbing kids down since 1999.
I think of Spongebob when the electrologist hands me a salty wet sponge attached to an electrode. Spongebob Squarezaps!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

Brooke777

Quote from: MadelineB on October 06, 2012, 02:55:59 PM
Congratulations girl! I prefer waxing to plucking, but I never waxed brows at home - glad you went to a professional. Did the right brow hurt much?

My electrologist does cleanup on my brows. For some reason it makes my same side leg twitch like a frog. Only the brow area.

With the amount of pain I have been through in my life a little sting on the brow is nothing. It did not bother me, and she said she has never had a "first timer" be so calm. So, I guess I handled it quite well.
  •  

Taka

•  

Kevin Peña

•  

Shang

Quote from: Brooke777 on October 06, 2012, 02:10:07 PM
I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time today. I never new how numb my left one is from the skull fracture I had under it. I did not feel a thing on that side.

I've had mine waxed and I don't see how girls do it all of the time.  [Mine were waxed because my mom thought it would good 'girl bonding' time plus I needed them to look decent for some event.]

It's not like it hurts [at least not me], I just find it an annoyance. XD  Though it was better than plucking because plucking took forever.

@ Taka:

They're great unless their minds are so open that their brains fall out.
  •  

ativan

I have a spiral fracture in a bone in my hand. Got it over a week ago.
I went and twisted it again, hurt like hell, I think I broke it worse.
It's swelling under the cast. So I took more Vicodin (7.5). And some more.
:laugh: I feel like my brain fell out  :laugh:
  •  

Shang

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on October 06, 2012, 06:42:09 PM
I have a spiral fracture in a bone in my hand. Got it over a week ago.
I went and twisted it again, hurt like hell, I think I broke it worse.
It's swelling under the cast. So I took more Vicodin (7.5). And some more.
:laugh: I feel like my brain fell out  :laugh:

1.  Ow! =(
2.  Way to go. :P But, seriously, that sounds horrible. =(
3.  I bet your brain fell out after that much Vicodin. :P  Vicodin makes it seem like I drank.  A lot.
  •  

ativan

7.5mg tablets. I only took a couple, but I was down to 1/2 of one at night to help me sleep better.
Snapped from almost the top to almost the bottom. And it slipped a little, like it unwound sorta.
Sounds worse than it is. The x-ray looks even worse than describing it.
But yeah, buzzzed. :laugh:
*looking for my brain*
  •  

Taka

i hope you're going to the doctor about it again, ati... wouldn't be too nice if your hand end up unusable

Quote from: Arawn Gabriel on October 06, 2012, 06:22:17 PM
@ Taka:
They're great unless their minds are so open that their brains fall out.
mmm, yeah. those are better in hentai than irl
  •  

justmeinoz

The most dangerous job in science? as per ABC news here Friday. 
Semen collection from Saltwater Crocodiles for AI in a captive breeding program!  :o

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: justmeinoz on October 07, 2012, 06:15:54 AM
The most dangerous job in science? as per ABC news here Friday. 
Semen collection from Saltwater Crocodiles for AI in a captive breeding program!  :o

Karen.

OTOH, if you happen to be a FEMALE saltwater crocodile, this could be a lot of fun...
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

hazelspikes

I love fall. The leaves are pretty, the air smells crispier, and pumpkin spice goes in everything. Oh and Halloween! *Looks at now-empty coffee mug*
With a laptop, my mounds of books, and history handouts, I could rule the world! Or, just think about my self-identity and help the world through being kind and teaching.
  •  

Kevin Peña

I never liked candy, so Halloween is irrelephant to me (Yes, that was a pun).  :P

I love fall, though! I just like the colder weather since in summer, I sweat my body weight in water daily. It's so much easier to warm myself up than to cool myself down.

Quote from: agfrommd on October 07, 2012, 06:22:06 AM

OTOH, if you happen to be a FEMALE saltwater crocodile, this could be a lot of fun...

Until your eggs get fertilized. Then you'll have to care for a bunch of annoying crocodile brats.  :P
  •  

Shantel

I love the Fall season as well. Used to go on deer and elk hunts with some Neanderthals I know although I haven't cared to shoot anything since being in a war. The crisp morning air in the mountains is exhilarating, cooking out, a few drinks and hunting stories around the campfire is a huge change from the normal routine. I don't go anymore because of the BS I have to endure as they fight over who gets to have their cot next to mine, blah, blah, blah the usual male trash talk!  :icon_redface:
  •  

ativan

I get a great kick out of stalking the deer hunters. I never wear the proper blaze orange. Those tree standers are fun as hell to sneak up on, even if it is from behind. I use a camera now, although I always feel like I should be armed. Seems weird to be stalking without a rifle and sidearm. Funny how that >-bleeped-< never lets go.
Stay safe out there! In this part of the country, you never know what some idiots think are a game animal.

Ativan
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on October 07, 2012, 11:43:04 AM
I get a great kick out of stalking the deer hunters. I never wear the proper blaze orange. Those tree standers are fun as hell to sneak up on, even if it is from behind. I use a camera now, although I always feel like I should be armed. Seems weird to be stalking without a rifle and sidearm. Funny how that >-bleeped-< never lets go.
Stay safe out there! In this part of the country, you never know what some idiots think are a game animal.

Ativan

You're right about that! There was a couple of old ladies out hunting mushrooms late in August a few years ago, a young teenaged bear hunter without any adult supervision shot one of them and killed her, she was wearing a blue rain jacket. WTF how many bears wear blue jackets?
  •  

cynthialee

In about 20 minutes I will go out for the last chance of the muzzel loading hunting season in my GMU.
This year is my first hunt for deer.
:)

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: cynthialee on October 07, 2012, 06:08:08 PM
In about 20 minutes I will go out for the last chance of the muzzel loading hunting season in my GMU.

Good luck!
  •  

ativan

Quote from: cynthialee on October 07, 2012, 06:08:08 PM
I used to use a muzzle loader. Good luck!
  •  

Taka

young students working enthusiastically on a project, what a beautiful sight
i love it when i'm able to inspire kids to do something on their own
  •