Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

Strep throat is never fun.  I'm so glad I feel better.  I'm still on antibiotics though.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Malachite on October 08, 2012, 02:05:40 PM
Strep throat is never fun.  I'm so glad I feel better.  I'm still on antibiotics though.

Get well kid, Strep can kill you if you don't kill it first!
  •  

Pica Pica

I decided to try and follow dietary advice from an 18th century magazine. Barely left the loo.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Malachite on October 08, 2012, 02:05:40 PM

Welcome back to the land of the well.

BTW dude, what's with the frilly avatar. I mean youse can wear anyting youse wants, but a dude in a dress - dat's jus' weird!  ;D
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Padma

Women in dresses is pretty weird too (in my subjective opinion :) ).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Pica Pica

I like dresses. I like wearing dresses. But I can't be bothered with the looks I get when I do.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Kevin Peña

Dresses are so comfy! They let everything air out and I love them!
  •  

Padma

It's just a personal thing, I've always found dresses on most people to be weird. Sarongs I can cope with, it's western women's skirts and dresses that mostly disconcert me. But then I'm a trouser-wearing gal, so it's probably got something to do with me fending off everyone's expectations that as a woman, of course I should *want* to wear dresses.

The couple of times I've worn them, I found them physically very comfortable, just emotionally wrong.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Kevin Peña

Well, I still think dresses are pretty. Hmph.

•  

Padma

Well, that's fine, no need to hmph, tastes differ :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Kevin Peña

Yeah, I know. I just felt like being sassy.  :)
  •  

Padma

Womandrogyne™
  •  

Kevin Peña

You should all try speaking your favorite songs. Don't sing them, but say the lyrics as though you were talking. It's so funny.  :laugh:
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: DianaP on October 08, 2012, 06:41:49 PM
Well, I still think dresses are pretty. Hmph.

Look, Diana put my photo up, everyone likes to show that, Gee I'm so flattered! ;D
  •  

Taka

i had fun scaring high school students tonight. makes me wonder if telling ghost stories is tradition elsewhere too, or is it just here where i live?
  •  

ativan

Halloween at the end of the month is the most traditional.
But any campfire setting, sleep overs with friends, especially when young, is very traditional.
It's half the fun of doing those things.
When I was little, it was aliens as much as ghosts. :icon_hover-alien: :icon_nervious: :icon_yikes:
  •  

MadelineB

Quote from: Taka on October 09, 2012, 05:16:47 PM
i had fun scaring high school students tonight. makes me wonder if telling ghost stories is tradition elsewhere too, or is it just here where i live?
Since everyone where I live is already dead, we tell "living" stories to scare the children. Mwuahahaha!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •