Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What kind of swimwear do you like best?

Started by fionabell, December 10, 2011, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of swimwear do you like best?

bikini
24 (33.3%)
tankini
10 (13.9%)
monokini
0 (0%)
onepiece
21 (29.2%)
sporty x-back one-piece
3 (4.2%)
More specific? do tell...
14 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Ms Grace

Quote from: Anatta on January 07, 2014, 02:15:08 PM
The Birthday Suit...It might go out of shape, but never out of fashion  ;) ;D

Yay, that's two for birthday suit! I was disappointed that it wasn't included as an option. In the poll. ;D
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Ms Grace on January 07, 2014, 03:25:41 PM
Yay, that's two for birthday suit! I was disappointed that it wasn't included as an option. In the poll. ;D

Kia Ora Grace,

It's the only suit I wear at the beach- but not 'to' the beach, that would be a little too revealing  ;) ;D ( I go to the local nude beach- I'm post op)

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Jill E

•  

Sydney_NYC

I put sporty x-back one-piece on the survey and I'm pre-op, but i'm pretty small and I have no problems after tucking. I also like sport bikinis, they have a racerback top and sport bottoms.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Lauren5

Not swimming until after SRS. Haven't done so in over 20 months or so. I miss swimming. If I go to Thailand (the probable destination) I'll see if I can't add on a few days after for an excursion to Krabi, Phuket, or Koh Samui for some beach time.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

CynthiaAnn

one piece is how I voted, I have a nice "swim dress" I plan on wearing this summer
  •  

bobbiesj

Tankini or one piece, although the sports bra and surfer shorts seems fun to try.
  •  

VickyMI

Now that we have a winter home in Florida with a pool I have been buying one piece, bikini, and tankinis.

I have quite a collection and I like them all!

But I love the tan lines a bikini leaves the most.
Happy T Gurl living as Vicky half time.
  •  

Ryuichi13

I'm a dude, so I'd love to be able to wear just swimtrunks. 

Hopefully, that'll be possible next summer!

Ryuichi

•  

Michelle_P

Simple bikini with a high-waist bottom.  It's an older but classic look design.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Linde

I recently bought a one piece swimsuit with a skirt on, because it looked cute while in the store.  I tried it out last week and I wish I would not have bought it.  This thing stays wet forever, and the constant dripping of water between the legs is really annoying!  I might go out and buy a bikini or tankini with a high bottom, and wear some type of throw over it is desired/needed!
This way my rear end will not dripping water for ever and a little longer!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Kylo

Camouflaged wetsuits for sea hunting. Salvimar is a good brand.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

SeptagonScars

One-piece. I feel a little too self-conscious about wearing two-piece swimwear although I like the look of bikinis. That's mostly cause while I do like the thick amounts of dark hair on my stomach, I don't like getting attention for showing it off, but also don't wanna shave it just for that. I might feel brave enough for a bikini one day. But thought I'd practice my confidence with crop tops and tied blouses during summer first. It's scary to be gnc!

Currently I have a black one-piece in halterneck style from Ellos (Swedish webshop, similar stuff as H&M) that I wear as it is without breast forms or any padding in the chest area. I tried to find a decent swimsuit for breast forms but to no avail. Everything either too ugly (I still have the horrid mental image of a mint green thing with white polka dots, that I saw at an online shop... not my style!) or with straps that would easily fall off my shoulders (I don't need to additionally worry about accidental flashing). So I gave up on that after much frustration.

The swimsuit I wear has no cups, just stretchy fabric all over, so it looks neat over my flat chest. Going flat with the swimwear does make me dysphoric, but it's not so bad that I can't disassociate from it while swimming (and mostly hiding under water anyway), which I do about once a week at a local pool, for exercise.

When I have breasts again, I'll probably be wearing the same kinds of swimwear in general, but just feel a million times better in them.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dani

Nothing at all when allowed by law. I usually go to Haulover beach here in Miami.

Other times I have a tank suit, but I do recognize the advantages of a tankini or other two piece suit.
  •  

Linde

02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•