dresses
49 (34%)
skirts
71 (49.3%)
jeans
24 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Danielle Kristina

I know this is not much of an answer, but I like both. 

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: Virginia on October 15, 2018, 08:32:25 PM
LOL, you know you are a tall girl when you can't figure out whether something is a dress or a top.

But for us tall girls, t-shirt and sweater dresses make great tunics 😃
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

jkredman

I'm just going to add, I've online ordered 2 dresses & 3 skirts.  When they're delivered, and I've tried them on / worn them for a day or so, I'll add my comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kate
  •  

Jin

LOL, you know you are a tall girl when you can't figure out whether something is a dress or a top.

All of my length is in my torso, my legs are what makes me short. I have several that I cannot decide if they are a short dress, or a long top. And to compound things, some of my tunic tops are longer that some of my shortest skirts!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

SeptagonScars

I'm average height and still come across garments that I can't figure out if they're meant to be a top or a dress though! Similar to Jin, my body is a lot more torso than legs too. But I think the main issue is simply not understanding what the manufacturers of certain clothes were thinking! I do most of my shopping at thrift stores, and I can definitely say that sometimes when I pick up something interesting on a clothing rack... I don't know what it is! But that's when I can get more creative too. Wear it as a dress sometimes, and as a top other times? Then you have some extra variety. Also some types of dresses can be worn as skirts and vice versa.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

It really depends on the situation because sometimes skirt is more appropriate than a dress and sometimes a dress is more appropriate than the start but I do like skirts a lot better or a short dress

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

ChrissyRyan

A nice A-line skirt can look wonderful.  Their flexibility with a variey of tops is good too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lacy

I love jeans! With the right shoes and top, you can dress them up or down.
My knees are always cold, so I like keeping them covered with some snug pants!
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Liina

Well I would have to say I like skirts, have quite a few now, dresses, I only have one so far. I need more curves to fit a dress.
Liina
  •  

Linde

I have two skirts and two dresses, but i hardly wear any of them.  I prefer pants, legging, or Capris!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

CynthiaAnn

Skirts are just so practical and comfy, that's how I voted. I love a nice fitting dress. Jeans are great too... it's all good.
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

With dresses I have a fit problem, since my bottom size is one to two size smaller than my top size (thanks to a large rib cage). Therefore dresses often don't fit well, but with skirts this isn't a problem, therefore my vote goes to skirts.
  •  

Allie Jayne

My wardrobe has about ten dresses, 7 skirts, 4 tunics, 4 leggings, 5 jeans, 6 capris, 5 fleecy pants, work pants, and 15 tops. It's more a seasonal/occasion thing for me, so I can't pick one! I live in an area with a decent temperature variation (0 to 40 degrees C) so weather decides more than I do!

Allie
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Tones of skirts cause I work in an office now.
But I'd lean towards jeans

Me yesterday for work!

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on March 21, 2019, 02:49:15 AM

Me yesterday for work!

How adorable  :)
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 21, 2019, 06:46:18 AM
How adorable  :)

It's a super cute outfit.
I like being in this type of work for my outfits :'3

I have gone further away from jeans as I have this paranoia of the crotch! D:
Only my black jeans work well!

•  

TonyaW

Like them both but it's hard to find dresses that fit right so its easier to get a decent look with a skirt.

I'm different sizes on top and bottom due to big shoulders and with pretty much no boobs it's hard to find a good fit. Being tall, the length of a dress can be a problem also. I've got a couple that I'll only wear with leggings because of that. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on March 21, 2019, 02:49:15 AM

Me yesterday for work!
I must know Rachel - how do you find the office compared to workshop floor ?

Kind regards, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I love them both, skirts seem to offer a bit more flexibility in my wardrobe though.   :)

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 21, 2019, 07:32:07 AM
I love them both, skirts seem to offer a bit more flexibility in my wardrobe though.   :)

Hugs,

Chrissy
I agree! I wish I had a bum though to get my skirts and dresses really rocking!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •