Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

do you like talking to therapists/psycologists/shrinks?

Started by fionabell, December 10, 2011, 07:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

do you like talking to therapists/psycologists/shrinks?

yes
5 (41.7%)
no
4 (33.3%)
other
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 11

stldrmgrl

My psychotherapist is awesome!  I love talking with him, though I don't obviously schedule a session unless there is something to discuss.
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: stldrmgrl on December 10, 2011, 07:59:08 PM
My psychotherapist is awesome!  I love talking with him, though I don't obviously schedule a session unless there is something to discuss.

Pretty much sums up my position.. I sometimes don't like him much, as he seems to know the questions that will make me feel uncomfortable.. But he is very good..
  •  

tuttle

Do I like it? Hard to say... My therapist digs pretty deep sometimes and it hurts like hell, but she is also very compassionate and knows when I have had too much for the day. I can't say that I really like it, but I do appreciate it.
  •  

AbraCadabra

Had one very bad and one very good experience, that sums it up: YES and NO for me.

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Joelene9

It's me and 2 "Others" at this point.  My first one was not experienced in the late '70s.  I am having a hard time finding a therapist.  Phones disconnected or they are not taking cases.  Average a 3 month waiting period for any kind of consultation if they have a waiting list.  Physicians the same.  My medical provider is a LPN with a PhD.  A stopgap measure at this time.  At least I get my scripts and tests with him.  It doth sucketh.
  Joelene
  •