nicole19

Which pet do you prefer?
(Cat or Dog)

Size?
(Small, medium, Big)

Location?
(indoor or outdoor)

--------
Me: I like dogs, probably a full blood Siberian Husky or German Shepard, it would also be an indoor dog.
  •  

V M

I hate these kinda questions 'cause I love them all and can't decide  :)  I just take as they come one at a time and try to give them the best life I can

Of coarse if I could afford it, I'd have a yard full of both  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Felix

I'll say cat but by a narrow margin. I love both, and I've had both as companions. I only like big dogs, cats don't really come in many sizes, and I've never had an exclusively-indoor pet, so I'm not sure how I feel about that question.

I love animals, though. If I had the space and the time and the money, I'd have at least one mammal living with me.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

nicole19

Quote from: V M on January 07, 2012, 10:43:28 PM
I hate these kinda questions 'cause I love them all and can't decide  :)  I just take as they come one at a time and try to give them the best life I can

Of coarse if I could afford it, I'd have a yard full of both  :laugh:

If I ever get a chance to get a Siberian husky as a puppy, I would be really happy.
Petco wanted $2,200 for one
  •  

nicole19

Quote from: Felix on January 07, 2012, 10:49:55 PM
I'll say cat but by a narrow margin. I love both, and I've had both as companions. I only like big dogs, cats don't really come in many sizes, and I've never had an exclusively-indoor pet, so I'm not sure how I feel about that question.

I love animals, though. If I had the space and the time and the money, I'd have at least one mammal living with me.

Only thing with me and big dogs are when they are left indoors at home alone.Then, coming home one day and finding everything knocked over.
Your right about the cat size  ;D
  •  

Felix

Quote from: nicole19 on January 07, 2012, 11:23:37 PM
Only thing with me and big dogs are when they are left indoors at home alone.Then, coming home one day and finding everything knocked over.
Your right about the cat size  ;D

I used to live across the street from a big house that had been converted into an apartment complex. The apartment on the bottom floor facing the street had a large picture window. The couple that lived in that house owned a great dane. They took it for frequent walks, but he still broke that picture window THREE times (jumping up on it to bark at passing cars) before they gave up and moved. :laugh:
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Cats are the best.
Especially if they are tuxedos.
I like smaller cats, but medium is okay too...actually all domesticated cats are really because that's how much I appreciate cats; yeah, so, I lied a bit here.
And I honestly fail to see the point in letting a domesticated cat outside, because it shortens the pets life by years compared to cats that are kept indoors.
Meow.

•  

Felix

Quote from: JasonRX on January 07, 2012, 11:45:33 PM
Cats are the best.
Especially if they are tuxedos.
I like smaller cats, but medium is okay too...actually all domesticated cats are really because that's how much I appreciate cats; yeah, so, I lied a bit here.
And I honestly fail to see the point in letting a domesticated cat outside, because it shortens the pets life by years compared to cats that are kept indoors.

I love tuxedo kitties!

And I haven't actually had a cat since I was a child, and we let ours outside because we trained them to poop and pee out there. We only used litter boxes for kittens, as it takes a little while for them to learn. Also, we were trashy rednecks and the idea of keeping a cat exclusively inside wasn't even on the radar. :laugh:
  •  

King Malachite

I've never had a chance to own a dog so naturally I love cats more.  They are less work.  I've tried my best to have an indoor cat but for me thats just impossible so I just let them go outdoors.  In the past they have even gone so far as to wake me up from my sleep by swiping my cheeck with their paw just to get out.  I usually love my cats in all sizes but I would be hesitant about owning an morbidly obese cat.  My sister had one and it couldn't even lick it's own behind so they had clean it.  Needless to say they got rid of her.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Quote from: Logan Erik on January 08, 2012, 09:24:54 AM

I think you just need to take care of them.  My last outdoor kitties lived to be nineteen and eighteen respectively.  My current outdoor kitty is twelve and healthy and happy and gorgeous.  As opposed to my dad's cats, who are indoor-only and going to die young because they are so godawfully obese.
There's actual research on the lifespan of indoor cats vs. outdoor cats, so I just don't say this out of total bias There is at least some truth to it. I mean, even if you take care of them, you can't prevent them from being eaten by a coyote, mauled by a bear, or ran over by car when they are out of your supervision. >_<  All three of these things have happened to outdoor cats around here, especially being hit by cars; I've heard well over 20+ stories of someone losing their cat, because it was ran over. The only way I could justify letting my cat(s) outdoors is if I wanted them for the purpose of "mousing" and wanted to make sure they knew how to hunt. My cats are horrible mousers, so I can see how this might have come in handy, but oh well.
   My cats are indoors and really active...you just need to play with them and keep them entertained; it also helps if they have another cat to play with. However, some cats have a genetic predisposition to be heavier, like tabby cats, and some will need more motivation not to lounge around all day.
Meow.

•  

Devlyn

I kind of collect Yellow Labs from the shelter and bulletin boards. If you asked the dogs, they would say, "Devlyn likes to go in the house, but overall, we've trained her to be an outdoor pet!" Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Devlyn on January 08, 2012, 09:53:39 AM
I kind of collect Yellow Labs from the shelter and bulletin boards. If you asked the dogs, they would say, "Devlyn likes to go in the house, but overall, we've trained her to be an outdoor pet!" Hugs, Devlyn

I had to put down our family's 13 yr old black lab in the summer of 2010.  The dog helped save my life after my open heart surgery - by taking me for long rehab walks!

I still grieve.  In fact, I have teared up just writing about him.
  •  

Stefan

I prefer cats! I love their attitude, it's kind of like myself. If I could be an animal I'd be a cat.
And here's a nice picture for reference.
  •  

V M

LOL... Ain't that the truth  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JenJen2011

Quote from: nicole19 on January 07, 2012, 10:26:26 PM
Which pet do you prefer?
(Cat or Dog)

Size?
(Small, medium, Big)

Location?
(indoor or outdoor)

--------
Me: I like dogs, probably a full blood Siberian Husky or German Shepard, it would also be an indoor dog.

Definitely dogs. I've never owned a cat before tho but they scare me for some reason. We recently added two lil puppies to our family. They are so cute and adorable but can be rowdy at times.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

deatsabat546

i would have to say small dog
  •