Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

questions regarding vaginectomy

Started by PainKiller, September 13, 2018, 06:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PainKiller

I would really want my vagina to be completely removed but after the vagina is removed and the vaginal opening is closed off. Wouldn't there still be some space in there from when the vagina was there or does it heal and close off eventually.
  •  

Dex

They remove as much as they can while protecting the structural integrity of the pelvic organs so you don't have issues like incontinence. However, it depends on the surgeon. Some surgeons leave a hole for drainage that stays forever. My surgeon does not use that method and there is no vaginal opening nor is there a space left inside. It was stitched shut from end to end.
  •  

SeptagonScars

There are different types of vaginectomy, such as colpocleisis and colpectomy. The latter removes most but a little bit closest to the opening is left open. The former doesn't actually remove it but rather fuses the canal together (all the way from the top) and then seals the opening. And then it also depends on the surgeon, so I'd suggest bringing up your concerns with a surgeon then.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •