Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Will the Love of your life come once only... really?

Started by AbraCadabra, December 23, 2011, 04:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbraCadabra

The longer I live the more likely it seems...
Kinda sad when you on your own with this growing realization.

How 'bout you?

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Alicia

About the same for me. Except I hardly believe anymore there even is one to come.
  •  

Amazon D

I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

caseyyy

I certainly hope that isn't the case, or I'm most likely screwed.
  •  

envie

I don't believe in "the one love" of my life.
In my experience the older people get the harder it is to find someone compatible as we ourselves are not that flexible any more.
We are set in our ways and so are the others too and the tolerance is getting lower and lower with time.
This I see as a good filter for BS but at the same time I am also more accepting of people knowing that these limitations are imposing themselves with the time and might not surve to my overall benefit.
I am a bit beyond the expectations of the big love, I just hope to find someone who is respectfull and able to provide a good company and isn't full of BS.
If the major shaker comes along that is fine too but I am not creating expectations of that sort any longer.
  •  

Hikari

I believe, love is what you make it. There are no stars writing our fate that one person is meant for us.

So, there is no one meant for us, no one special person who is perfectly compatible, even the most compatible person will still take some degree or work and compromise to be in a long term relationship with. Statistically speaking though, chances are there are many people who are rather compatible with you, but probably not perfectly.

Of course, this means, that more or less magic can always happen, but as we get older we do tend to get more set in our ways, and this tends to cause less luck in creating a situation where we find that special person, but that is no reason to ever give up, because we still control ourselves, we are as flexible as we want to be after all.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Julie Marie

Why let a state of mind ruin your chances for another great love?  Change your thinking, change your life.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Melody Maia

I doubt it. After all, if there is only one perfect love for us in a lifetime, what would be the chance of meeting him/her? There are billions of people on this planet. Why would our perfect mate happen to live near to us in the same country and speak the same language. The odds would probably favor that my perfect woman lives in China or India based on population.
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

Jen61

Quote from: Axélle on December 23, 2011, 04:55:36 AM

How 'bout you?

Axélle

I a m there with you Axelle, it is a dreadful thought, never to be love and love back in return.

jen61
  •  

Anatta

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

annette

No worries Axelle.
There are billions of people on this world, there is more than one to forfill your love wishes.
Problem is, as always, where do those bastards hide themselves.
If you find one don't let him/her escape.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: annette on December 24, 2011, 06:21:48 PM
If you find one don't let him/her escape.

Kia Ora Annette,

::) If you love someone...set them free !  ;)

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Julie Marie on December 24, 2011, 04:33:23 PM
Why let a state of mind ruin your chances for another great love?  Change your thinking, change your life.

Kia Ora Julie,

::) Never truer words spoken[or typed in this case], however some find it quite difficult to 'change' their mind so to speak...And sadly they continue to reinforce the negative...

•  

envie

Quote from: Zenda on December 24, 2011, 06:25:41 PM

I love my wife more than ever before. She turned into my sister after my transition and we live and co-parent and support each other to find a good man.
Love in my case is just an exponential thing I don't have to stop loving someone in order to love some one else.
She is my true love and I hope I find someone for the romance as well.

I know this is somewhat unique situation I am in, but it happened because we opened our minds and our hearts. There's nothing kinky going on here either.
We've just expanded our horizonts and hope for the future as together but independant.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: envie on December 24, 2011, 06:43:11 PM
I love my wife more than ever before. She turned into my sister after my transition and we live and co-parent and support each other to find a good man.
Love in my case is just an exponential thing I don't have to stop loving someone in order to love some one else.
She is my true love and I hope I find someone for the romance as well.

I know this is somewhat unique situation I am in, but it happened because we opened our minds and our hearts. There's nothing kinky going on here either.
We've just expanded our horizonts and hope for the future as together but independant.

Kia Ora Envie,

::) It sounds like things have worked out well... Truly 'unconditional love'! I hope you both find what it is you are looking for...

•  

Jen61

Quote from: Axélle on December 23, 2011, 04:55:36 AM

How 'bout you?

Axélle

Axelle my belle, do not you seem to hear the stir of other soul coming your way? I do, so I praise G-d for in his immense love, he has somebody coming to my life

Merry Chrismas !

Jen61
  •  

Jen61

Kia Ora Annette,

If you love someone..set them free....if they were meant to be your they will come back..if they do not...hunt them down !!! >:-)
  •  

tekla

What happens when you have two great loves and you meet them both at the same time?
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

annette

Than you are in big trouble and possibly craving to the times there was no one.
  •  

Amazon D

Kia Ora Annette,

::) If you love someone...set them free ;)

What ?? And have them go to the cops and report me for imprisonment  :o

...opps  did i say that  ;D
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•