Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

For me therapy has helped right away

Started by seldom, March 01, 2007, 12:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seldom

I pretty much went into therapy with conflicting feelings.  But I also went in with an open mind and wanting to deal with these issues.  I was getting sick of my personal breakdowns, and the gender identity issues were starting to affect my work and personal life.

So I basically did some research and talked to people, and I ended up at the most experienced gender identity therapist in the DC area. 

The thing is after some sessions I realized I should be a woman, but I am cursed with a male body. 

I used to identify as androgyne, but the reality was it was placeholder while I figured things out or a way to get by when I was in college and high school.  The truth is...things have gotten much worse in my twenties.

So I want to transition, at my own pace, but ultimately fully transition.  Therapy has helped me just realize these issues fully. It is the first time I had some level of clarity with these issues.  While I am still not comfortable with the body...I can see a glimmer of hope for the first time with regards to these issues. 

Amy 
  •  

Hazumu

The first step is the hardest, isn't it?  :)     :D     ;D

Karen
  •