Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Foundation for marathon

Started by barbie, January 03, 2010, 08:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

In the new year, I plan to participate in marathon more frequently.

Usually I wear just suncream during the marathon, but I noticed that some pretty girls wear nice makeup during marathon events.

About 2 years ago, I tried to wear foundation instead of suncream:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AS7-W8HzY-ajZGdrdzc4a3FfMTkwZ2dxa2YyemQ&hl=en

People here seldom give positive comments on my wearing makeup. But on that day, surprisingly, one of my colleagues and his wife praised my wearing foundation, although they first saw my wearing makeup. He took some photos for me, adding that I looked as beautiful as women. Before the marathon, it was just fine.

The problem was just after finishing marathon. My makeup became messy with sweat. Everybody noticed and mentioned the white stains left in my face. After this experience, I just wore water-resistant suncream together with sunglasses.

The foundation I used was labelled as water resistant, but I sweat too much to maintain it. I wish to wear foundation instead of suncream, not just for marathon. Foundation looks better than suncream...

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

tekla

Yeah, water resistance is not the same as sweat resistance. It's relativity easy to make something that water will roll off of, but since sweat comes from under the foundation that creates a different set of problems.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

barbie

Yes. I think so. Water-resistant foundation can be effective for swimming, but not for marathon.

During marathon events, I see many pretty and fair-faced women. Some of them wore some kind of suncreams which lasted so long to protect their faces. Usually I wear shieshedo suncream, which is also labelled as water-resistant. But it soon becomes melted away in about 30 min.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

tekla

But it soon becomes melted away in about 30 min

I'd be more worried that after 30 minutes of running a marathon I'd be melting away.  It's the only sport I know of where the person who the race emulates - it's original marathon runner - died when he finished it.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

EveMarie

You might find this handy, I did a google search for "sweat resistant makeup"
QuoteWith the temperatures at a record high and humidity off the charts, make sure makeup stays put with helpful sweat-proofing tips from Joanna Schlip, Physicians Formula celebrity makeup artist.

Her A-List clientele include well-known stars such as Eva Longoria, Scarlett Johansson, Ellen Pompeo, Laura Linney, Hilary Duff and Sheryl Crow.

Here are just a few helpful tips to make your summer a little bit easier...

www.thefashionablehousewife.com/07/2007/fashion-101-sweat-proof-beauty-tips/

I've always said I'd rather skate 100 miles before running around the block once ::)
and since my by-pass I can't do either one, but I can cheer pretty good...
Go girl!
"You are not born a woman... you become one..."  Simone de Beauvior
"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."  Friedrich Nietzsche
  •  

barbie

Quote from: EveMarie on January 11, 2010, 09:26:14 PM
You might find this handy, I did a google search for "sweat resistant makeup"
www.thefashionablehousewife.com/07/2007/fashion-101-sweat-proof-beauty-tips/

Thanks!

I will try mineral stuffs in this summer. It is unusually cold here, and newpapers now mention ice age after global warming. I do not exercise outdoors this week.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •