Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Passing Advice?

Started by EmilyMI, September 30, 2013, 08:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmilyMI

After my first feminine hair styling appointment over the weekend. Any advice, critiques? Please be 100% brutally honest..

P.S. I am still not full-time yet, hopefully I am moving in that direction soon.

Link: http://imgur.com/a/rnA7K
  •  

Kate G

You would look more feminine if your hair was such that less of your forehead and hairline was showing, honestly it would make a huge impact on your presentation.
"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." -Unknown
  •  

K8

I agree with Kate G.  I think you want to use your hair to help soften your look.  Can it fluff out around your face?  Also, a straight part is more masculine.

I don't know what your situation is, but you might be able to enlist the help of your hairdresser.  When I started out mine had been cutting my hair for about a year while I was still in male mode, so I came out to her as transgender.  She got really excited at the opportunity to use her skills to make me look more feminine.  You don't necessarily have to come out to your hairdresser if you don't already know her.  You can just say that you're tired of looking so masculine and wonder if she can make you look more feminine.

- Kate (another one)
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I third it.  The first thing that came to mind was "Bangs".

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

sarahann123

I think you look great. Bangs may help a bit but I see all girl in the photo. You may want to try a little makeup. Just a little bit of color to bring out some of your features. Also the top you are wearing (or is that a dress?) looks like it isn't the most flattering look for you.
  •  

EmilyMI

Quote from: K8 on September 30, 2013, 05:52:48 PM
I agree with Kate G.  I think you want to use your hair to help soften your look.  Can it fluff out around your face?  Also, a straight part is more masculine.

I don't know what your situation is, but you might be able to enlist the help of your hairdresser.  When I started out mine had been cutting my hair for about a year while I was still in male mode, so I came out to her as transgender.  She got really excited at the opportunity to use her skills to make me look more feminine.  You don't necessarily have to come out to your hairdresser if you don't already know her.  You can just say that you're tired of looking so masculine and wonder if she can make you look more feminine.

- Kate (another one)

The hair dresser I went to is TG herself so I used her advice/professional opinion on what will work for me. 
  •  

EmilyMI

Quote from: sarahann123 on September 30, 2013, 06:36:33 PM
I think you look great. Bangs may help a bit but I see all girl in the photo. You may want to try a little makeup. Just a little bit of color to bring out some of your features. Also the top you are wearing (or is that a dress?) looks like it isn't the most flattering look for you.

Oh pooey - Actually what I was wearing was a hoodie sweater and also just a cute jean skirt I had as well.   Can't seem them in the pics but also was wearing some knee high boots as well.  I thought it looked cute but then again I am still learning what fashion works/does not work for me. 
  •  

Kate G

Quote from: EmilyMI on October 01, 2013, 02:43:19 PM
The hair dresser I went to is TG herself so I used her advice/professional opinion on what will work for me.

Enjoy your hairstyle.
"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." -Unknown
  •