Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Snow in Texas

Started by Princess of Hearts, January 08, 2012, 07:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess of Hearts

•  

Princess of Hearts

There is something elegiac about that snow covered scene.   Here in GB we didn't think that it snowed in Texas.

•  

JessicaH

We got snow all the way down in Houston last year. It's not uncommon to get some snow every year in North Texas/Dallas , the Panhandle and such. In Houston, it's not that uncommon to get below freezing in the winter and we are not far from the Gulf of Mexico.
  •  

Felix

Very pretty. The first time I saw snow as a kid was actually on the gulf coast.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Joelene9

Nice picture of Dealey Plaza in the snow.  I remember this place from November 22, 1963. 
  Joelene
  •  

justmeinoz

This is a political topic, involving freedom of choice.  I want to be able to choose to go to the snow, I don't want it forced on me where I am. :laugh:

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

tekla

The places that need snow - like the Tahoe area, the Rockies, or New England - that all have huge skiing/winter outdoor tourist stuff are dying because there is no snow, but places like Texas and Georgia which rarely get it (and really don't want it) are getting slammed.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Joeyboo~ :3

Wish it would have snowed this year in Houston.
  •  

Sarah Louise

Why is this under Activism and Politics?
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Princess of Hearts

Dealey Plaza is where JFK was assassinated.  It has political resonance to this day.   We Kennedy aficionados have seen Dealey Plaza from every conceivable angle, view and vantage point, but few people have seen it wreathed in snow.   
As well as being political this video has curiosity value as Texas is seen as a hot and dry state all year round.

•